Lumia 830 Bugs + Defects

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I can also see the light coming out from a small seam on the bottom of my Lumia 830. I already changed my device twice because of this bug, but the each of my new devices have this small gap. It seems not to be an individual case.
Apart from this the Lumia 830 is a fantastic smartphone!

FFS! I said it multiple times (i think here and somewhere else):

<<<<<<<<<<<< *** !THERE IS NO GAP ! *** >>>>>>>>>

Take a picture and show me that gap! Come on, DO IT!

It is the glas! Its round on the edge...
Ah just think about it, have closer look, use your brain, and then tell me again that there is a gap...!

Shawn Lukaschuk

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
FREQUENT random Cortana activation. (20 times a day?)
Occasionally when not even holding the phone. (Although much more often noticed when doing things).
Either the search button is sensitive to slight gusts of air or there is a bug.
Lumia 830 with Denim. Not DP. No SD installed.

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Either the search button is sensitive to slight gusts of air or there is a bug.
I can't imagine this being a software problem, something is probably wrong with the button itself. Unless you're holding it wrong (lol) I would exchange for a new device.

<<<<<<<<<<<< *** !THERE IS NO GAP ! *** >>>>>>>>>
lol relax, any normal person seeing some light coming out from a seam would think there must be a tiny gap there.

neville1355

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth audio (music) through my car frequently skips (every 30s).

Although this seems to be more of a 8.1 issue than the device as I saw other mentions of it.

edit: the known fixes and causes seem to work in this case

Cause: WiFi and Bluetooth on at the same time causes bluetooth audio to skip

Fixes:
1) Disable wifi
2) Toggle bluetooth while connected to force a reconnection
3) Soft reset (haven't tested this myself)

Last edited:

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
lol relax, any normal person seeing some light coming out from a seam would think there must be a tiny gap there.

theres nothing to "think" about it. A closer look with good working eyes proofs: There is no gap.
And if people dont understand how light travels through glas...well...

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got the RM-985. Running the prototype software or whatever, So this might be a problem associated with that but maybe someone knows of a possible solution or when the full software will be coming out? I have the Dt-910 wireless charging stand. In my old 925 I would tap the stand (nfc) and a little app displaying the weather and time would appear so I was able to use it as an alarm clock that conveniently displays the weather. Now with my 830, I tap and the DT-910 settings come up. Nothing else, and I can't see how to set that up again. ...and the phone has also been randomly rebooting lol

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got the RM-985. Running the prototype software or whatever, So this might be a problem associated with that but maybe someone knows of a possible solution or when the full software will be coming out? I have the Dt-910 wireless charging stand. In my old 925 I would tap the stand (nfc) and a little app displaying the weather and time would appear so I was able to use it as an alarm clock that conveniently displays the weather. Now with my 830, I tap and the DT-910 settings come up. Nothing else, and I can't see how to set that up again. ...and the phone has also been randomly rebooting lol

It's already out, check the I've the 830 thread

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
theres nothing to "think" about it. A closer look with good working eyes proofs: There is no gap.

Inspecting mine closely it certainly looks like there is a tiny gap, about 0.2 mm or so, between the edge of the glass and the lip of the aluminum rim. There is no question though that the glass is properly glued in place so that there is no way for dust getting in. The other explanation could be just that the black coating is missing giving an illusion of a gap.

Either way: implying that people are stupid because they don't understand something is not very constructive. You can make your point without being rude.

neville1355

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
FWIW my 830 is absolutely flawless. No gaps, no light bleeding through at any point in the phone (whether it be through painted glass or other)

the_zeni

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Well on my phone there ARE gaps because the bottom frame element isn't cut perfect straight but has 2 tiny bumps in it. You can even test it with paper. If I'll find a cam capable of some serious macro shots I will post a photo. And always remember to stay cool ;)

pandhersaab27

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 830 is absolutely flawless, except two small problems one is like everyone here vibration stops randomly, I'm sure about capacitive buttons but I also think it stops for notifications too sometimes( yet to confirm for notification)
and second and bigger one is that mine's earpiece is muffled, sound is very low and distorted. anyone here having the same problem?
I'm thinking of exchanging the device but I don't want to.

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Auto-rotation doesn't seem to be working properly. I have noticed this now in my browser as well as the photo gallery. Sometimes I just cannot seem to get the screen into landscape mode no matter what I do! Anyone experienced the same?

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
My phone isn't vibrating when I get a notification or when I touch the capacitive buttons...anyone else having that issue? Was fine all weekend, issue just started today.

joao91

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Last night, I was on skype for quite a long time, suddenly it freezed, the phone started vibrating non-stop and all the buttons didn't respond. Thankfully with the 830 it is easy to solve, just remove the battery...

gudbrij

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
From India. Do you have any link or news source that say the back cover is being sold separately? Just curious. Ordered a Lumia 830 Black. Thinking of getting other (green, orange) back covers too.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Last night, I was on skype for quite a long time, suddenly it freezed, the phone started vibrating non-stop and all the buttons didn't respond. Thankfully with the 830 it is easy to solve, just remove the battery...

I would prefer power + vol down but maybe it doesn't really matter if the system really is frozen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven