Lumia 830 Bugs + Defects

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried to do hard reset and re install the firmware for Lumia 830 thru NSU, but still I see a bit of jitter. It only happens on text for example when you open "Office" and select "Sample Document for WORD" and Try scrolling slowly and you will notice a bit of jitter. Let your hand go after you scroll a bit. It might me the firmware bug. Like some people in Lumia 920 and Lumia 925 have the same issue. Also I noticed that it seems to fix it by turning off DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE and RESTARTING the phone. Then I barely see anything. Guys check on any page that has lots of text such as the "News" App and see if it happens try scrolling fast and slow. Thanks everyone!

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Also sorry for a second post but the vibration keys does not have consistent vibration. Sometimes it is really strong and sometimes really weak. Anyone else has this??

qwhacker

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a couple of the Nokia wireless charging plates with my 830 and notice a slight electronic noise when the phone on them. I never noticed it on my old 920 so I thought I'd check if it is normal. Anyone else getting that??

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a couple of the Nokia wireless charging plates with my 830 and notice a slight electronic noise when the phone on them. I never noticed it on my old 920 so I thought I'd check if it is normal. Anyone else getting that??

My DT910 does not produce any noise while i have the 830 on it, the small power brick does however make a slight buzzing when i don't use the stand. But that's normal for small psu's.

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had vibration to stop working on my phone. It is kind of weak like reported in Daniel's video, but it's fine. I like weaker vibrations cuz they cannot be heard. I don't like the whole bzzzzt bzzzzt. But I definitely haven't had to restart my phone to get it to work again.

The random Facebook notification sound being distorted has happened again yesterday, no idea how to reproduce it. My phone was not on USB at the time and so far it has only happened with Facebook. Any other sound notifications like calendar, SMS, emails, WhatsApp - no problem. It is true though that I receive way more Facebook notifications than all the rest combined.

Another problem I noticed is that my heapdhones volume gets reset to 13, happened twice so far. I know it gets reset to 13 when you restart the phone, but this happened withouth the phone rebooting. It actually happened right in the middle of listening to music, between tracks - suddenly the next song was quiet and when I raised the volume I got the popup about hearing loss as if I plugged in my headphones for the very first time.

And about the "gaps" or whatever it is between the glass and the metal frame, I really couldn't care less, it's barely visible (at least on my phone, might be more of a problem on others).

NoodleWave

May 3, 2014
Visit site
This isn't really a defect, but I have been using my 830 for less than a week and the plastic around the USB port is already showing signs of wear. Since the port is white, the metal end of the USB charging cable also produces gray streak marks in the plastic.
My impression of the phone is that the plastic ports on top are the weak points of the hardware. Someone also posted picture of the headphone jack cracking, which worries me a bit as the thin plastic around the port does protrude a bit. Wish it was flush like the USB port. Other than that the build quality of the 830 is great.
My phone also has light leaking from the bottom edge, but only from the capacitive buttons when the light up.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Running the 830 Prototype with Denim and also deal with and have the light leak at the bottom, slight buzzing/electronic noise during wireless charging, capacitive lights gone out once (came back after a soft reset), poor proximity reaction to glance screen, and sometimes get speaker distortion mainly with the alarm. All issues I can live with. The one problem I have also experienced that has bugged a bit is wifi disconnecting and never able to reconnect or find any other networks in wifi settings. I have to reset to get it back up and running.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
My 830 triggers Cortana from the TV being on even on low volume. Got so bad I disabled Cortana. Can I reduce the mic sensitivity?

Hey, what? The 830 does not have the "Hey Cortana" feature, how is your 830 tripping up Cortana from the tv's audio?
Is this something on the developer preview or just something I'm not aware of?

Harneet Singh4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. I am using my Lumia 830 for quite sometime now and it is very good. I'm satisfied with it. But after a week of usage, a problem with my back button arose. Sometimes it just doesn't works and becomes numb. Then i either press the home button,then press the back button(now it works fine) or i just wait for 8-10 secs and then it starts to work again. I have tried soft reset but problem still persists. What should i do? :cry:

Last edited:

freedomEd

May 9, 2014
Visit site
2 notables for me:

Battery is mediocre at best. Barely gets through the 12hrs even if on standby for half the time. Sometimes strains even faster for no particular reason.

2: Vibrate, it's so weak I barely notice it. If you put it on table, good luck knowing incoming calls unless you notice the screen flashing. It's so weak some times I don't know if its vibrating at all.

Otherwise, good phone overall.

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. I am using my Lumia 830 for quite sometime now and it is very good. I'm satisfied with it. But after a week of usage, a problem with my back button arose. Sometimes it just doesn't works and becomes numb. Then i either press the home button,then press the back button(now it works fine) or i just wait for 8-10 secs and then it starts to work again. I have tried soft reset but problem still persists. What should i do? :cry:

I have noticed that if i put the touch sensitivity to high instead of normal, the screen and the buttons become less responsive (a bit counter intuitive..) also if the screen gets very dirty it tends to react in a similair fashion.

2 notables for me:

Battery is mediocre at best. Barely gets through the 12hrs even if on standby for half the time. Sometimes strains even faster for no particular reason.

2: Vibrate, it's so weak I barely notice it. If you put it on table, good luck knowing incoming calls unless you notice the screen flashing. It's so weak some times I don't know if its vibrating at all.

Otherwise, good phone overall.

Since you are pretty much the first one to complain over battery i suspect something other then the phone is causing it, perhaps agressive use of cloud services or an app keeping it constantly awake. There are plenty of ways to kill batterytime in a phone, if i leave mine on standby it lasts several days and if i use it constantly i still make it through a day. If you leave the screen on you will get around 7+ hours worth in my experience, but that depends hevy on how bright the screen needs to be, what type of load you put on it (games, videos, browsing the web etc).
It could also be double tap to wake draining it in your pocket, or the glance, or the camera button Wake. There is just so many things to consider.

Harneet Singh4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that if i put the touch sensitivity to high instead of normal, the screen and the buttons become less responsive (a bit counter intuitive..) also if the screen gets very dirty it tends to react in a similair fashion.

Nah. The touch sensitivity is set to normal and the problem still exists if the screen is clear.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My 830 triggers Cortana from the TV being on even on low volume. Got so bad I disabled Cortana. Can I reduce the mic sensitivity?

My Cortana and gf's Cortana on her 830 also super sensitive...not sure what triggers it though...Cortana fires up when I'm not even touching the screen most of the time 😳

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss