Anyone having overheating issues?

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering upgrading to this from my L920, which I have issues with overheating. I understand the 930 has similar issues, so to the people that already have the 830, how is this for temperature?

I can probably cope with it getting how, I just don't want it switching itself off like my 920 does

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Little advice: google for "Lumia 830 review" , and you find quite a few tests already. Then: READ them.

Lucky you, i spent an hour, because i want to buy it, reading these reviews. And i can tell you:
NO issues.

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Little advice: google for "Lumia 830 review" , and you find quite a few tests already. Then: READ them.

Lucky you, i spent an hour, because i want to buy it, reading these reviews. And i can tell you:
NO issues.
A review by someone that's used it for a few hours and actual user experience from someone that has used it as a day-to-day phone for several weeks are two different things.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I saw many Videos playing Aspahlt 8 for long time: NO HEAT.
Restore the phone from Backup (takes long, installs all the apps etc...): NO HEAT.

If the phone doesnt get hot after 1 hour playing, it wont get hot at all!

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
All phones heat up from using them because it is a known fact that CPUs generate heat, so if there is overheating it is probably a process stuck in the background with a dead loop (means that it keeps on doing the same thing forever using alot of CPU res)

Usually you can fix this by doing a soft reset (holding vol down and power button till the screen is off and you feel a vibration) then you monitor the phone to see which app is causing this, uninstall it then install it again (or never install it again).

i had this issue on my Lumia 925, soft reset fixed it for me

Hope this helps you guys

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, i know that stuff.

I can just repeat myself: Many reviews and tests already online, playing games and doing lots of stuff. No OVERheating. In fact, i read a few times people saying it stays very cool compared to other phones!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've streamed video at length and used HERE Drive at length as well, no overheating. I don't play games on my phone so I can't speak on that.

primuxprimux

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I think overheating issue is depended on games and apps ,, only a small part depends on phones ,, just try same game on blackberry , I phone ,, and Android n, u will see your result

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I felt like I could fry eggs on my 920. The 830 is COOL, the worst it gets its very slightly warm to the touch.

EDIT: Also want to point out that it doesn't warm up while charging either, not like the 920.

Last edited:

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I've streamed video at length and used HERE Drive at length as well, no overheating. I don't play games on my phone so I can't speak on that.
Thanks all.

My main problem with the 920 is when using HERE Drive+ (on one journey I had to put the air conditioning on full and have my passenger hold the phone against the vent!), so I'm happy to read that there's no issues with using the GPS

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all.

My main problem with the 920 is when using HERE Drive+ (on one journey I had to put the air conditioning on full and have my passenger hold the phone against the vent!), so I'm happy to read that there's no issues with using the GPS

Lol, you should try that on a cold winter day, take your 920 out of the car and watch the brief moment of magic :winktongue:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
(on one journey I had to put the air conditioning on full and have my passenger hold the phone against the vent!)

Hey, I thought this was original with me! :cool: It wasn't the 920 though; it was an HTC Diamond with WM. It would get smokin' hot when I'd use Maps, play mp3's, and tether it with USB to a laptop all at the same time. I used a holder, and I'd pull the phone out so there was a bit of a gap between the holder and the back of the phone. Then I'd aim the AC vent in there. It actually worked quite well.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope.

...and that's surprising because it's the first Lumia since the 520 that I didn't have overheating issues with. The Lumia 820, 1020, 1520 and the Icon especially overheated like nobody's business. Barely even gets warm when I game! I love it.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I thought this was original with me! :cool: It wasn't the 920 though; it was an HTC Diamond with WM. It would get smokin' hot when I'd use Maps, play mp3's, and tether it with USB to a laptop all at the same time. I used a holder, and I'd pull the phone out so there was a bit of a gap between the holder and the back of the phone. Then I'd aim the AC vent in there. It actually worked quite well.

I had a Touch Pro so I am familiar with all that. It would usually stop charging after a while and you'll kill the battery even when plugged in. Fun side note: that phone (and the Touch Pro) had a 286ppi screen, 6-1/2 years ago.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My 930 heated up the first days until I found out that turning off location services fixes the issue (on my phone at least). At the bottom part the phone sometimes becomes luke warm when running apps like Skype, but that is normal for a 2.3gHz phone. I'm totally satisfied with the device!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05