Got my 830 today... Screen is loose!

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well...this is nothing compared to the easily-breakable-Motorola-screens-rant lol

there was pplz even swearing it cracked out of nowhere hahahah

but this pretty much shows any OEM has issues with defective phones!

relax, this problem is easily solved with a replacement/refund...unlike another Moto X issue, the cracks on the borders, which Motorola refused to do anything about lol

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My screen is loose too. I noticed it after I applied a screen protector. That was after noticing earlier that the screen makes LCD ripples all over the place.

Nobody should be under any impression that this is a top quality phone. It's the last of a dead brand. What do you expect? I'll probably just see how long this lasts before I break down and get an Android. They're hasn't been a masterpiece of a WP device since the 925.

Microsoft dropped the ball on this one. No proper flagship for the holiday season.

MeinNameSeiReinis

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Had exactly same issue here. After accidently destroying my Lumia 925's screen allready for the third time (Allthough phone still works after a swim in lake in my pocket, drop on concrete and beeing forgotten on bonnet with all the consequences. I would suggest it is in quite perfect condition - only the screen should be replaced and blown vibra and button's backlight fuses changed) I went for a new Lumia 830. The first glitch I noticed was an oversensitive search button. If screen was set to very-sensitive mode (in order to use it with gloves) the search button would hit by itself. It's kind of disturbing when you read some news, write an e-mail or just play some game. So I switched back to normal sensitivity and the bug was gone. By then I was planning to return the phone to my carrier after six months mandatory period and repair my Lumia 925 once again. After a month or so I was wiping the screen and noticed that funny glue-sticking-noise. Looked carefully and found out that I was able to stick my VISA easily under it. So the next morning I took my 830 to my carrier's office and they accepted it on behalf EU warranty regulations or whatsoever. The guy in shop said it's not the first time him seeing a loose screen on 830. So after 6 days my phone is back - the screen has been replaced, everything looks firm now and I didn't have to pay a single Eurocent for that. Let's see if that fix holds and I am thinking about rather keeping my 830 than reanimating the 925 for now.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Had exactly same issue here. After accidently destroying my Lumia 925's screen allready for the third time (Allthough phone still works after a swim in lake in my pocket, drop on concrete and beeing forgotten on bonnet with all the consequences. I would suggest it is in quite perfect condition - only the screen should be replaced and blown vibra and button's backlight fuses changed) I went for a new Lumia 830. The first glitch I noticed was an oversensitive search button. If screen was set to very-sensitive mode (in order to use it with gloves) the search button would hit by itself. It's kind of disturbing when you read some news, write an e-mail or just play some game. So I switched back to normal sensitivity and the bug was gone. By then I was planning to return the phone to my carrier after six months mandatory period and repair my Lumia 925 once again. After a month or so I was wiping the screen and noticed that funny glue-sticking-noise. Looked carefully and found out that I was able to stick my VISA easily under it. So the next morning I took my 830 to my carrier's office and they accepted it on behalf EU warranty regulations or whatsoever. The guy in shop said it's not the first time him seeing a loose screen on 830. So after 6 days my phone is back - the screen has been replaced, everything looks firm now and I didn't have to pay a single Eurocent for that. Let's see if that fix holds and I am thinking about rather keeping my 830 than reanimating the 925 for now.
Glad they could fix it so quickly.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I left mine at the service center today, noticed the the top right corner is slightly unglued... I hope it will be fixed soon, because I've noticed it after two days from purchase date :) So it is definitely under the warranty.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
That happened on my first 830, I have had 2 more and neither have this issue. I think it was fixed in manufacturing pretty quickly.

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia is back to me too. The whole assembly with screen has been changed under the terms of warranty. So repair, which costs 180 EUR here was made.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am using Lumia 830 for 10-11 months now. Yesterday I applied new Back cover which is hard plastic cover.
Today I noticed that Screen was slightly slide outside from Right side corner. I removed mobile from cover, and screen looked ok. Again I put cover back and after sometime I noticed screen looked slide outside. I was able to press sceen back in casing, but it was sliding out again.
I permanently removed cover and found that sceen is not coming out, but its surely loose now. What should I do?
Would service centre able to fix it easily? I hope they can just glue it back instead on replacing whole screen which I assume would be costly affair :(
I am from India.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
The screen is held down by two-sided adhesive. I think it would be very hard to put new adhesive in w/o taking the screen off.

If you are nearing the end of warranty, you probably need to be quick. One thing you can try before you send it off is to apply a slight amount of heat to the area it's lifting with a blow dryer. Then press it back down and see if it sticks. The goal is to activate the adhesive, in the event that is was never fully adhered in that area.

With the above said, don't heat it up. Just a little warmer than room temperature. And, it may not be a permanent fix, so I would do this if not under warranty. If under warranty, you may want to send it off.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The same thing exactly happened to my Lumia 830 two weeks ago; it's on repair now.
I'll report back later.
So you have got your phone back, or is it still in Service Centre?
What was repair work involved? just applying glue, or replacing whole screen unit?

qbrick

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The phone returned today.
The whole display unit got exchanged. Aside from the loosening display unit, the display showed four bright spots only to be seen on a bright background; another problem widely discussed.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The phone returned today.
The whole display unit got exchanged. Aside from the loosening display unit, the display showed four bright spots only to be seen on a bright background; another problem widely discussed.
So due to bright spots you had to replace display unit?
I don't have any such issue, only my screen is loose on top right corner. My office colleague applied some industrial glue by slightly lifting screen and suggested to keep phone undisturbed for 3 hours with clip clamped to screen for 3 hours. But unfortunately it did not work. Now I have no choice but to take phone to service center.

qbrick

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
What I didn't notice until this morning when closer examining the returned device, was, that not only the display section has been exchanged but the phone on the whole. The extras menu shows a build creation date 8 months behind the date of my purchase. I don't think they exchanged the phone because of the display flaw but because of the loosening of the glass from the metal frame. I hope they changed the build process in the meantime so that such a flaw does not appear with the new version.

So this might come out as something positive for you when returning your phone.
In any case, keep us up to date, please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte