Lumia 830 - Does it support LTE in India?

WPAnkur

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

I presently use a Nokia E6 and was thinking of getting a Lumia 830. The specifications on GSM arena say that the phone comes with LTE however the specifications on the Nokia India (microsoft now) website mention only GSM and WCDMA.

Is it possible that the version being shipped in India has LTE disabled? Or are there phones without LTE being manufactured specifically for some markets?

Thanks in advance.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
re:

No. No Nokia phone supports Indian LTE standards (TD-LTE). The Indian firmware for this phone will come with LTE disabled and you won't see the option anywhere either.

WPAnkur

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

No. No Nokia phone supports Indian LTE standards (TD-LTE). The Indian firmware for this phone will come with LTE disabled and you won't see the option anywhere either.
Ok so technically the phone has LTE but it is disabled due to the specific firmware installed? If the firmware was to be changed sometime in future would LTE work then? I m saying this assuming LTE is launched in India or available in the specific bands in which the 830 works.

Thanks!

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Ok so technically the phone has LTE but it is disabled due to the specific firmware installed? If the firmware was to be changed sometime in future would LTE work then? I m saying this assuming LTE is launched in India or available in the specific bands in which the 830 works.

Thanks!

Yes, the phone has LTE, but not TD-LTE, which Indian providers use. With a firmware change, you can maybe get the phone to work with LTE providers of other countries, but not India.

WPAnkur

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
If you are obsessed with LTE get iPhone 5s or iPhone 6 they have LTE in India.
From Windows phone
Well asking for information and doing research before buying a phone isn't called getting obsessed.

And no, I wound never buy an iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or whatever because it offers zero value for money to me . I have always liked Nokia (Microsoft now) phones and I guess it's gonna be that way for some time!

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I would not use LTE myself. Smartphones in general have pathetic battery life and I can't live with even lower battery life for faster network bandwidth.

WPAnkur

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I would not use LTE myself. Smartphones in general have pathetic battery life and I can't live with even lower battery life for faster network bandwidth.
Yeah I agree. This is something which makes Windows Phone tons better than Android or iOS. My Nokia E6 currently gives a battery backup of nearly 2 days with occasional Whatsapp and moderate calls usage.

WPAnkur

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I went to my local nokia store today to see the phone and I noticed a difference in boxes being sold at different stores.. The first store had the box which mentioned LTE along with 2G and 3G.. The next store had the box which didn't mentioned LTE in the same place. Both were RM-984 made in China.

Are both genuine?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I went to my local nokia store today to see the phone and I noticed a difference in boxes being sold at different stores.. The first store had the box which mentioned LTE along with 2G and 3G.. The next store had the box which didn't mentioned LTE in the same place. Both were RM-984 made in China.

Are both genuine?

If they are being sold at a Nokia store with a bill, they would be genuine.

Any east to check the product code? If Nokia website says it doesn't support LTE, it won't.

Try contacting Nokia support on twitter. Generally that are quite responsive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte