For All The Stink Made Of This Phone's SD400, it actually handles games like a BOSS.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
If you know me, you know I'm quite possibly one of the most maniacally driven to make Windows Phone be my "Xbox Portable"... needless to say, I've bought damn near everything. Amazing Spider Man, NOVA 3, Modern Combat 4/5, The Dark Knight Rises, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Order & Chaos Online, Asphalt 7/8, Lost Echo... it's handled every "graphically impressive" WP title very well.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear! I've got a 1520 and it is, as you say, a boss - but I carry it with a galaxy s5, for vpn and apps that don't exist on WP.

I was looking for a smaller device and have my eye on the 735 - to me that seems more compelling a purchase than the overpriced 830. Good to know the s400 had the chops for beefy games, even though the older dual core devices have better gpus!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I told. Everyone how if moto G does wonders for android, imagine what it will do for WP. I swear people keep forgetting that it's not all about specs. That's why iPhones and iPads win at benchmarks every year.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This is interesting because I get a lot of lag playing Modern Combat 5 on my Lumia Icon. Granted, it doesn't have Cyan on it, but I imagine Cyan not doing much to eliminate it. My Lumia 920 runs Modern Combat 5 slower and lags, but I can still "play" it. I'm actually looking to trade my Icon for either a Nexus 5 or an iPhone 5/5s/6 because Verizon is killing support for it and it can't even handle the current crop of games without lag (let alone future ones that come out).

teller34

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I haven't put hands on the phone but will probably got it or the HTC one w8. Being a little sarcastic so I'll apologize now. I have a great thing for games. A PS3. I'm glad it can run games but beside the casual game, I don't see using my phone. I like to see what I'm doing. No offense meant. Just my preference.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Cyan actually made a HUGE difference on my Lumia 1520. Running Developer Preview, Rayman Fiesta Run ran about half as fast as it did AFTER Cyan. Since your Icon has the same basic hardware as the 1520, I totally understand what you're talking about.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So Cyan made your gaming experience WORSE?! Oh gosh...

It didn't really make a difference on my 920 at all going from DP to Cyan. I was hoping it would improve gaming for the new Snapdragon chips. Oh well..

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting because I get a lot of lag playing Modern Combat 5 on my Lumia Icon. Granted, it doesn't have Cyan on it, but I imagine Cyan not doing much to eliminate it. My Lumia 920 runs Modern Combat 5 slower and lags, but I can still "play" it. I'm actually looking to trade my Icon for either a Nexus 5 or an iPhone 5/5s/6 because Verizon is killing support for it and it can't even handle the current crop of games without lag (let alone future ones that come out).
cyan actually does a lot. Remember it has WP 8.1 too.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I hope so. It didn't do a thing for my Lumia 920. Games still lag, audio gets choppy, etc (Asphalt 8 and Modern Combat 5). I know the 920 is old hardware but some optimization would be nice. I guess I assumed it was on Gameloft's part others said their games lagged as well on the 1520 with the Snapdragon 800.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz