Does anyone's 830 work perfectly without problems?

myearty

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm a newbie here, and I am/was looking at getting a new 830 when it's released on AT&T Friday, here in the US. I'm currently using my first Windows phone - HTC Trophy, and I was planning to get another WP. However, this forum is scaring me to death with all the problems mentioned: WiFi, Reception, Batteries, Back-Button, etc. I know problems get the most attention, but can I get some encouragement from anyone who has NO problems with their 830? Also, can you post how long you've been using it, and your country of origin.

I'd like to know if the problems are prevalent in most 830s or just a small number.

Thanks!

myearty

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Please post how long you've had your phone. Saying it works great carries a lot more weight from someone who's had it for six weeks vs. six hours. Thanks!

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Check the forum for ANY device and you will find the exact same thing. With any product there are a certain percentage of bad hardware. In addition, many of the issues are caused by an interaction with some other hardware it is being used with or by user inexperience or assumptions.

Don't let a forum scare you away... people are always much more inclined to post about something they feel isn't working right, then about their satisfaction.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have had it since end of September, so about 1 month plus. No problem so far. It is miles better than my previous 820.
Finding a good case is a problem though.

pandhersaab27

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Its hell a lot better than my old 920, no resuming screens especially xbox music app opens nearly instantly, bought it from fido canada on first day 17th October, so far too good..:)

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
It's one heck of an amazing phone. The only problem I have with this phone is that there's a small gap between the glass and the frame - which makes sense because glass expands a bit when heated, however I can see light coming out of the small gap at night from the bottom capacitive keys. Now I'm not going to return a phone because of something like this, but I hope they fix this by adding some sort of rubber between the glass and chassis in their next phone to prevent this.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It's one heck of an amazing phone. The only problem I have with this phone is that there's a small gap between the glass and the frame - which makes sense because glass expands a bit when heated, however I can see light coming out of the small gap at night from the bottom capacitive keys. Now I'm not going to return a phone because of something like this, but I hope they fix this by adding some sort of rubber between the glass and chassis in their next phone to prevent this.

I don't have this on mine. Perhaps you may want to consider getting it exchanged, if possible.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm happy it doesn't have that bit of rubber... it's on the 1520 and though it's barely noticeable, I think it's ugly. But yes, many 830s have an every-so-slight gap on the bottom. Barely noticeable though, and only in the dark.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Have the Lumia 830 for 2 days now and it works very well. Blazing faster than the 620, so I'm very happy.

The only think strange I noticed is that when charging it gets hot on the camera and near the camera. Maybe was because I was playing games or using apps.

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on Telus in Canada the day it came out (3 weeks ago). The vibration didn't work on the 1st one I got, but I exchanged it and my second one is working as it should. Battery life is better than expected. I would recommend it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans