iPhone 5S to 830??

jtb79

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else switched from an iPhone? If so, what's the major differences in day to day performance? Not worried about apps personally. Thanks

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My gf went from 5s to 830 and has been a smooth transition for her. She mostly uses it for social media and word games and been no complaints aside from a couple apps like pinterest. But overall she really loves the phone. More storage, better camera, and wireless charging her faves about the 830

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If you are not worried about the apps then the 830 is a much better phone. Bigger screen, better keybord. The screen is also much more usable in sunlight. And the most important thing : Battery life. With my iPhone 5, once unplugged at 6:30 AM, needed to be recharged at around 4:00 PM the same day. With the Lumia 830, I am getting a comfortable 2 full days (unplugged at 6:30AM and recharged at 11:00 PM the next day. The Lumia has a much better camera too with OIS. Expandable storage up to 128 Gb and list goes on and on. Got to get used of the size though compared to iPhone 5s...I switched to Nokia with a 635 in September and was getting a 830 a month later and not regretting it.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else switched from an iPhone? If so, what's the major differences in day to day performance? Not worried about apps personally. Thanks

Friend of mine just jumped from iPhone 5 to Lumia 830.

She's totally thrilled and has loved it so far (although it's only been 3 days) :)

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
When you are an Apple fan boy like I am, the reality check is really disappointing when you realize you can get a much better phone for half the price

jtb79

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are not worried about the apps then the 830 is a much better phone. Bigger screen, better keybord. The screen is also much more usable in sunlight. And the most important thing : Battery life. With my iPhone 5, once unplugged at 6:30 AM, needed to be recharged at around 4:00 PM the same day. With the Lumia 830, I am getting a comfortable 2 full days (unplugged at 6:30AM and recharged at 11:00 PM the next day. The Lumia has a much better camera too with OIS. Expandable storage up to 128 Gb and list goes on and on. Got to get used of the size though compared to iPhone 5s...I switched to Nokia with a 635 in September and was getting a 830 a month later and not regretting it.

I do love the windows phone keyboard, my mom had an old lumia 900 I played with. The expandable a storage is a huge plus. The only app I'll miss is the Amazon music app since I'm a prime member but I read they are talking about developing one. Thanks for the input!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans