[L830] MicroSD card slot issue?

wtf_aleks

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble with the microSD slot. More specifically, I can't remove the card from the slot. I used tweezers to pull it out, but I ended up breaking the card (internally, I suppose) because now it can't be read. So that was a waste of a 32gb card. Is anyone else having this issue too?

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there is a little lip that it has to go over. I take a thin knife blade and slide it under the DC card after unloading it from the spring catch, then it slides out easily.
Kind of stupid design.

:)
Fred

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh tell me about it! I have never been able to remove it till now! I did think the slot looked funny when I inserted the card.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I wish it was easy like removing the sim card. They should of designed it near the sim card area pointing it down towards the battery...

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I was playing with it for a bit. The trick is to hold the phone side ways with the memory card pointing downwards, so when you push down on the card and release the card it gives it pushes the card out a bit more for an easy removal...

sbtpdx

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem with my 830 yesterday. If you look at the slot carefully (I needed a magnifying glass), you'll see the path has a curved slope. So if you slide the card out halfway, it gets almost impossible to slip your fingernail or tweezers underneath. I got mine out by first pushing the card partway back in, and then using tweezers.
Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb