Lumia 830 battery life

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Nokia lumia 830 since 27 days..and i think it's battery only last long about 15-18hr

Does any other lumia 830 users facing this issue? I think it should at least last longer about 25-30hr!!

Any tips for saving energy? I have stop unnecessary background apps but results is same..here is my daily app usage
WhatsApp,WindowsCentral,6tag,fb(10-15 minutes per day),asphalt 8-airborn,ff6 the game that's all!!!

Any other tips for levelling up my battery life??

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well if you constantly play with/use your screen, then it wouldnt be 25-30hr.

That's true! I found this out the hard way. But given that for me the phone is new, I expect that I will play around with it more than usual. I have noticed that on some days when I am too busy to play around with the screen and fiddle around with the settings etc., I do get about 25-32 hours. When I say I get 25-32 hours, I mean I still have about 30% of battery left.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Also check your email settings. You don't want it syncing every 15 minutes. If you're really waiting for an email, you can manually sync.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your advice. So, is setting it at "as it arrives" better than daily basis? I don't have much mails for this account except alerts from banks.

All my email accounts (I have three set up) are set to get mails as they arrive. Of course, I do keep checking them from time to time too! Sometimes I send and receive over 150 emails a day over three accounts!!! And I still complain that my battery levels are not as I would have liked them to be. In actual fact, I think my previous experience with the L720 spoilt me. The battery in it was very good!

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have mine set to "Based on my usage".

Thats complete crap, dont know why they invented it. Just set it to 15 or 30 mins, thats enough for mails. Mails are not "instant messenger"...But depends if you need it for work (then "as they arrive") or just as normal user...

second: If you play games (especially 3D games like Asphalt8...) OF COURSE your battery wont last long! What do you think? On EVERY device, games suck battery life!

My phone last easily for 1 day, maybe 2, but never tried it ;) But im not playing games, just the other usual stuff...Thats perfect for a phone!

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Good advices. Games drain anything. Playing "those", the battery should last like 6 hours top maximum! Maybe less. I have a friend with the Nexus 5 that he games a lot on it and it takes about 6 or less hours to drain it to zero.

On a regular usage, taking pictures, email, sms, a few games, it lasts me for 1 or 2 days.

So, just install "Battery Sense" at Battery Sense | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) and keep an eye on that "black" and "blue" lines.

I always find some apps that keep on wasting my juice and I kill'em! Well, I uninstall them because they are junk.

The blue line shows the spending rate and this is very important to be really close to the 0, when you are not doing anything.

The black line indicates the battery level and if you don't have a horizontal line when you don't do ****... Huston, you're in trouble!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you turn off data off when using wifi and vice versa. Also take off things like Bluetooth, nfc and gps when they aren't being used too

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I see the logic and value in what you are saying. However, to keep doing that on a daily basis at each and every turn would be such a pain.

This is a good tip. I don't have data turned on ever, because I don't use it and it is way too expensive here in Portugal.

But I have bluetooth always on and wifi most of the time. I use bluetooth for music play and calls in my car. Bluetooth and wifi on doesn't bite the battery too much, playing music or videos or even worst, GAMES, those are very bad for battery life.

So my BT is always on and WIFI too, because of emails and updates.

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I've tried many things to get better battery life and the biggest improvement you can do if you are using wifi is to disable data over cellular. It's annoying but can be made a bit easier with a system tool app of your choice and a pinned tile.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you turn off data off when using wifi and vice versa. Also take off things like Bluetooth, nfc and gps when they aren't being used too

Mobile data is not used when connected to WiFi, so this advice is useless.
Turning off gps could save saome juice, but I don't think its much. I don't see the "location" indicator very often on my phone...my 5 times a day...for few seconds.
Bluetooth turn off of course, hwho needs that anyway :)
I would turn off ALL those special wWiFi settings !

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I've tried many things to get better battery life and the biggest improvement you can do if you are using wifi is to disable data over cellular. It's annoying but can be made a bit easier with a system tool app of your choice and a pinned tile.

Like I just said, I guess (hope?) the system is clever enough to turn off mobile data when connected to WiFi...

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyway, my battery life is great (1,5 days at least) without turning things on and off the whole Time. The only thing I don't do is playing games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea