Are you running carrier firmware or Windows Developer?

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I have an AT&T 830 and I am currently running the recently released firmware from the carrier.

I was wondering what other are running and if there is any advantage to running the developer edition latest releases over the approved release?

Thanks.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Carrier. I never mess with the Developer Preview on phones..

I tired it once on my Lumia Icon and it caused more harm than good.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Recently - like a day or two back - I tried installing the Dev Preview. It worked and things seemed fine. But it I also found that I was having problems with the Battery Saver app. Instead of waiting for the problem to be solved, I hard-reset the phone and went back to factory install. Surprisingly, it appears that the hard-reset improved battery life and has made the UI a little bit smoother than what it was originally. I would say that for the L830, I would prefer to keep the stock version (no carrier image for me as I bought it off contract and I have a SIM-only contract) than go for the Dev Preview image. However, on my previous L720, I had the Dev. Preview installed and it did it good.

BBDemetria

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I run the carrier firmware for stability. I don't mind the wait for it either, but I hate bugs more than anything.
-Lumia 521, because the 520 was too mainstream.-

Stephan Diesler

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Firmware and Developer Preview are two different things!
Developer Preview is "just" operating System and has nothing to do with the Firmware.
So if you join the Developer Preview the Firmware will not be updated until it is available for everybody.
It might even happen, that you have to wait longer until the new Firmware is released for phones running the Preview.

By the way, I am running the Developer Preview on a Lumia 925 without any issues and am happy with it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720