Why is my Hotmail draining my battery?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hotmail draining battery

In the Battery Saver app I see that Hotmail is one of the leading drains on my battery. I don't use Hotmail, ever. I know I have one as part of my Microsoft Live account. I did not set up Hotmail under Email and Accounts in Settings. When I open the Microsoft Account setting the account is called Hotmail and I see it's connected to a Hotmail server. I thought this setting was the link to my Microsoft account (connecting my phone to One Drive, One Note, etc.).

Is there a way to get rid of this Hotmail account and stop the battery drain?

To answer one of the responses, the "Content to Sync" Email box is unchecked, so it shouldn't be looking to synch any information, yet still using battery.

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hotmail draining battery

Can you unselect options to sync email in the Accounts area for this account? Or change the update time to a slower interval? Also is it possible the password has been changed and so it keeps retrying? Although it typically says there's a problem in that instance

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hotmail draining battery

the "Content to Sync" Email box is unchecked, so it shouldn't be looking to synch any information, yet still using battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12