Help needed from someone with Rogers Lumia 830 variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I basically have an unbranded Lumia 830 RM-985 which I am planning to flash to a Rogers Lumia 830 variant. Someone who has bought the Lumia 830 from Rogers Canada, can you kindly answer these questions for me?

1) Does the phone have editable APN settings for MMS and Data under cellular+settings?

2) Does it have the field test mode enabled? You can check this by dialing ##3282# from the phone dialer

3) Does it come with the Rogers splash screen or any Rogers branding in the ROM? (I know the answer to this would be yes, just wanted to check)

4) Is internet sharing enabled on your phone?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I basically have an unbranded Lumia 830 RM-985 which I am planning to flash to a Rogers Lumia 830 variant. Someone who has bought the Lumia 830 from Rogers Canada, can you kindly answer these questions for me?

1) Does the phone have editable APN settings for MMS and Data under cellular+settings?

2) Does it have the field test mode enabled? You can check this by dialing ##3282# from the phone dialer

3) Does it come with the Rogers splash screen or any Rogers branding in the ROM? (I know the answer to this would be yes, just wanted to check)

4) Is internet sharing enabled on your phone?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

I got a 920 Rogers variant so I can somewhat answer your questions.

1. Yes it does have a editable APN settings, I used it to go on the Bell network with it.

2. On my 920 it does have a Field Test mode after dialing it. So perhaps it's the same.

3. If you buy the Rogers variant it will show the Rogers splash screen, however after using Developer Preview, the Rogers splash screen disappears.

4. Yes, I've tested it with my Nokia 2520 and the 2520 was able to go on the internet via the 920.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for you answers. Actually I have a Rogers Lumia 920 as well so I am aware of what comes with it. This question was directed specifically for the 830 since it comes with Denim preinstalled and I am seeing quite a few new additions on my unbranded version. Either way, thanks for your input again, I appreciate your help!

So the question, still remains unanswered. Can someone please help?

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I dont have Rogers but I have Fido and here are the answers:
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No splash screen. Just the name of Fido under carrier line in phone info menu. It comes only with yellow colors and Fido account app installed on it.
4. Yes

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I ended up flashing the phone to the Rogers ROM, Field Test is enabled. No branding present though, looks like Rogers has gone unbranded this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos