Do you use a case for your 830 or go naked?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Been casing my phones since my old my nokia 5800, back in 2008. I usually try to go for the OEM cases found in the lumia 800,900, & 920, but when the 830 came out, all they had was OEM flip cases, so I ended up picking up the NGP Incipio cases. I also picked up a clear evecase slim. I looks good with my white OEM cover
WP_20141123_22_49_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20141123_22_49_28_Pro.jpg

jehugo

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I used to be a case/screen protector junkie.. starting with iphones. Somewhere in my 920 ownership I just decided to go commando.

Didn't hesitate to run naked on 830.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn.

I generally prefer to go naked as I'm not a fan of cases, but there's a manufacturing defect with my 830 that leaves part of the camera assembly black glass unprotected (it's already scratched). So, I'm considering a case. But, only considering. I just may live with it as it's only cosmetic and I know the phone won't stay pristine, anyway.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably buy a screen protector but go without a case

Edit: I was using the phone with a Skinomi full body protector till an accidental drop left a very minute scratch to the bottom right bezel. Thanks to the Skinomi, most of the damage was taken by it but it still left some very minute scratches to the corners. Regardless I've learnt my lesson now, I'm sporting a clear Amek case now and would be using it till I find a better case having a balance between looks and corner protection

Last edited:

David Van Ryn

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't like cases or screen protectors, i do not always buy a phone for its look's, but in this case i sort of did.
Compared to the other phones on offer with my contract, this was by far the sexiest phone on display. (the 930 didn't have glance, and i can't live without glance!).

Previously i was using the 820 for 2 years, and i never thought of it as a nice or sexy looking phone lol. I got it because i wanted a Windows Phone, and it was the only one my provider had on offer ;-)
I bought a case for it, and hated it after 1 day of use, ended up in the 'useless items' part of the drawer.
So i went naked with the 820 for 2 years, and only 2 very light scratches can be found on the screen, a whole bunch of ware and tear on the body, but those are replaceable (i never did change it though). The 820 now begun a new life in the hands of the eldest daughter and she loves it. Probably will get a more colorful cover for it, i used black!

Having had that experience ill probably never buy a case again, unless i want to use a bridge-phone for 2 months and sell it. (with the case)

Covering up the 830 and a couple other phones on the market, would be a tragedy lol

lumia-830-closer-01.jpg

Last edited:

freedomEd

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Bought the phone coz the phone looked sexy, so no reason cover it with a case!

Have a screen protector and bought another decent looking backplate to refresh the looks.

For a mid range phone resale value is not gonna change dramatically just coz you have a few scratches.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Since the 830 is already way too large for me anyway and I don't want to add extra bulk, even if it's just a millimeter, I prefer to go naked. I don't like that the phone is very slippery though and I feel like the corners are digging into my palms while holding it so that's definitely something a good case could remedy.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The sexy look of my 830 is really tempting me to remove the transparent silicon case which I got with great difficulty. But obviously I'm afraid I'll get scratches if I remove the case. Does anyone use their 830 without case and screen guard. Is it solid enough to withstand the daily traumas? I've been using mine for one month now with the case and a screen guard..

For the first couple weeks I had my black 830 I didn't have a case yet. I got one huge, highly visible scratch out of the paint on the top left corner of the aluminum frame. To this day, I have no clue whatsoever how it happened. No drops, and I keep my phone in a dedicated pants and/or jacket pocket. I think if you have one with a silver frame you're likely okay, since there is no color-altering coating on it.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That was one major reason I chose not to go with the darker metal frame... I observed that every black Lumia Icon on display at Verizon stores seemed to have a scratch that exposed the regular metal color. I assumed the 830 would be the same.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a flip case on my Lumia 830 and I also have some cards in there. It's protection and I also have space for some extra things. Fantastic.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! Now that this thread is over a year old, how are your naked 830s holding up? I've always had mine in a case but and it's mint, however, I don't think I could make any money from it if I wanted to sell it anyway, so I think I am going to go naked now!

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my 830 without any case since several months now. At first I feared that I might harm the phone as its frame is little soft. But I got used to using it without any case as those made my phone very bulky and uncomfortable to hold, constantly sweating my palms. The good thing is, except a dent or two ( :p ), nothing much has happened to my 830. It looks gorgeous without the nasty covers. I couldn't even flaunt my orange 830 due to those covers. I don't regret abandoning the protective case of my 830 at all :) And I won't use any covers for my future phones too.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my 830 without any case since several months now. At first I feared that I might harm the phone as its frame is little soft. But I got used to using it without any case as those made my phone very bulky and uncomfortable to hold, constantly sweating my palms. The good thing is, except a dent or two ( :p ), nothing much has happened to my 830. It looks gorgeous without the nasty covers. I couldn't even flaunt my orange 830 due to those covers. I don't regret abandoning the protective case of my 830 at all :) And I won't use any covers for my future phones too.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I'm basically concerned about the metal frame...
I wore my HTC 8X with a case for almost two years and I went caseless right before I replaced it for another phone... now I wonder, what's the point of having a mint HTC 8X mostly sitting in a drawer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12