Lumia 830 Screen Distortion

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
So basically when ever I tap or swipe my finger by putting a bit more pressure than normal, I see a distortion. It is like whenever you press on a LCD monitor and it makes like a ripple type effect. LUMIA 1520 has it also.

It all started when I wore my winter gloves and started to use my Lumia 830. It was not working well with gloves so I swiped a bit harder on the start screen, not that much that I would try to break the screen. It showed me a distortion effect. So I did it again without gloves and put a bit more pressure than normal and I saw it again.

There are some posts on Lumia 830 making the same ripple effect if pressed hard. I heard Lumia 830 screen was thin just like Lumia 1520 that is why it is happening. Otherwise it works great.

So is it only me or other have it too?? Thanks

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Ohh okay.

I have seen two to three posts about this in the thread "LUMIA 830 BUGS AND DEFECTS," so I was just conforming. Well, if it is a regular day issue I will get it replaced, if not I will be happy.

EDIT: It is not actually distorting but an effect like when you press a old LCD Monitor hard. Like this in the video but only on hard press.

Last edited:

nimesq

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I should probably ask why you need to press the screen so hard. I just replicated the effect and had to press very hard in order to do so.. Much harder than I ever normally would.

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay Thank You So Much!!!

The thing was I was using the big Winter Gloves so basically I was having lot of trouble using it with the screen. So I tried pressing the screen bit hard to make it work but did not at the end as I realized the gloves were too thick. But no worries, it only happens when I use my big Winter Gloves so who cares not with normal use though.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I should probably ask why you need to press the screen so hard. I just replicated the effect and had to press very hard in order to do so.. Much harder than I ever normally would.

Same here.. Normal touching and no issue but when I push down hard I see the same as in the video.

I don't think its a defect though as I have other phones that do the same.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine does it in one spot, and I don't have to press hard to do it. The 1520 is the absolute KING of this issue, though. I have two of them and they both do it while just swiping or pressing almost anywhere on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3