L830 unbranded ROM

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at some posts about flashing the ROM to unbrand the firmware but I am a little bit confused.

The info posted here is the unbranded firmware is :
059W5M3: RM-985 VAR LTA 7R CV SLV. I understand this is for the Latin America RM-985.

Since I am in Canada, I then have to look at the North American (NAM CA) version but it does not seem to exist. Am I right? Note that the reason why I want to go unbrand is to get updates quicker from Microsoft.

Which firmware version should I use?

Thanks for your help.

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to look at the North America version. The version you highlighted will work anywhere in the world for you; you can still set your language appropriately when you do the first boot experience and your carrier will determine your "location" for the Store geography. That said, I found that the "branding" was so lite in the Fido / Rogers version that I didn't bother to reflash to the unbranded LatAm ROM. I can get software upgrades quickly via the Developer Preview app, so all I'm risking is Firmware upgrades if Rogers delays those in the future, and I figure if that's the case I can always reflash to the LatAm ROM later (I pulled it down just in case).

FWIW, my guess is B&H have the unbranded LatAm ROM, although would be great if someone could confirm.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a RM-985 from B&H and it came with carrier-unlocked/unbranded Latin America firmware (mobile operator = 000-22 in the extras+info screen)

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
OP: I've used both the Latin America and the Rogers ROM, both are unbranded and come with no branding. I'm currently using the Rogers rom but if i were you I would stick with the Latin America ROM since its a carrier free ROM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss