CP-627 Wireless Charging Flip Cover

kepner198

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Warning to anyone interested in the Nokia CP-627 cover for your Lumia 830: it makes the wireless charging experience much worse. Both my Nokia DT-903 and my CR-201 chargers have a lot of trouble detecting my phone now. Last night, I thought my phone was charging (the DT-903 light was solid), but it didn't charge my phone at all. It's a huge pain. Strangely, I also have a QiStone+, and it charges the 830 with the CP-627 just fine. As nice as the CP-627 flip case is, I'd rather have wireless charging that works reliably, so back to the regular AT&T back plates for me.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
interesting, just ordered mine from the MS Store. Will see how that works with 3 different types of wireless chargers and report back. If this is an issue I will return to MS.

IlyaBu

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I wound this to be a pretty easy "fix"; the leads on the inside of the case from the wireless charging pad to where they need to be positioned in order to make contact with the pins on the phone (sorry if that doesn't make sense, kind of hard to explain) are just glued on to the back of the case, and can easily move just a bit to one side, in which case they can make poor contact with the pins. if one of the leads makes intermittently poor contact the charging will intermittently not work. This was the case for me. Moving one of the leads slightly, and if needed using a bit more glue to secure it, proved to be a permanent and easy fix.

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
One thing to note the pins are delicate and can easily break. That happened to me with my 1020 wireless charging plate while trying to adjust them to make better contact.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Received mine. Didn't even try out with chargers. It looks nice, but the front cover was too wobbly for me. The fact that most of the speaker in the back was covered was another minus. It sounded very muffled. I returned it the same day.

R3DH3R0

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE (not too much later): Oddly enough the cp627 works fine with both my DT-910 chargers..... When the case is flipped around (inside flap against the charger). I don't get it, but it works. For me at least.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Does CP-627 have "any" NOKIA branding at the front or back of the flip shell?? Without the branding, CP-627 looks very cheap and ugly! :(

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Does CP-627 have "any" NOKIA branding at the front or back of the flip shell?? Without the branding, CP-627 looks very cheap and ugly! :(

Only at the top of the front. I was afraid it would look ugly without NOKIA brand on the back, but actually it doesn't. And also the sound from the speaker sounds the same as with regular back cover.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Only at the top of the front. I was afraid it would look ugly without NOKIA brand on the back, but actually it doesn't. And also the sound from the speaker sounds the same as with regular back cover.

Never mind. I have opted for another tough and better flip cover with stand. Moreover, Nokia (aka Msft now) simply charges more under it's brand name! There are other better options available on the market,.... only if absence of "NOKIA" branding doesn't bother much :wink:

tonyjkent

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
This accessory doesn't work well at all for me. I've tried it on two different charging pads without much success. It's really picky about where you place it on the pad (compared to the regular wireless charging back cover that came with the phone). When I do get it positioned correctly, the phone says its charging, but the battery level doesn't increase at all (even after 6 hours). I returned the first flip cover to the Microsoft store and got a replacement but the replacement has the same problem. I have the AT&T variant of the 830. .

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a black CP-627 and it's been working fine on my DT-910, DT-900 and CR-200. On the CR-200, I have to flip the cover back and clamp the phone on to the holder. It doesn't charge the phone with the flap on the screen, I found that kinda weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo