830 and weird SD card slot?

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay so here's a weird one. Does anybody have an 830 with a odd micro SD slot? Mine is pitched down and has a lip so when you try to remove the card, its literally impossible to get it out. I'm afraid of breaking the phone or card. The SD cost about half the price of the phone hahaha

acirig

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I found this out too when I purchased my phone and had the AT&T guy put a card in while we had the back off at the store. Turned out they had to get me a different 830 and we had a hell of a time getting my SD card out. The only thing which worked was using scotch tape on the card and pulling it out with the tape as you ejected the card normally. This popped it right out but otherwise nothing worked!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I found this out too when I purchased my phone and had the AT&T guy put a card in while we had the back off at the store. Turned out they had to get me a different 830 and we had a hell of a time getting my SD card out. The only thing which worked was using scotch tape on the card and pulling it out with the tape as you ejected the card normally. This popped it right out but otherwise nothing worked!

I think I saw a review vid on youtube where the guy said he placed a piece of paper in there so that he could pull it out easier.. Can't remember which vid tho lol

Edit: I guess this is just one of those things with WP we have to go all "Macgiver" on lol

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Okay so here's a weird one. Does anybody have an 830 with a odd micro SD slot? Mine is pitched down and has a lip so when you try to remove the card, its literally impossible to get it out. I'm afraid of breaking the phone or card. The SD cost about half the price of the phone hahaha

I had to replace a few 830s because of capacitive button issues, and AT&T removed my SD because I couldn't get it out... it never worked again. Not even a repair via PC or a reformat helped.

I can tell you how to get it out without damage though. Take a a thin, pliable material (I the corner of my insurance card) and slide it slightly under the card. This basically makes a ramp to help the card slide out.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I had to replace a few 830s because of capacitive button issues, and AT&T removed my SD because I couldn't get it out... it never worked again. Not even a repair via PC or a reformat helped.

I can tell you how to get it out without damage though. Take a a thin, pliable material (I the corner of my insurance card) and slide it slightly under the card. This basically makes a ramp to help the card slide out.

Like I said.. Macgiver :grincry:

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input everybody, I knew once I put the card in and saw it drop into that small hole there was gunna be problems lol.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to return my 830 last night because the speaker in the headset wasn't working. I had the hardest time getting the SD card out until I found this thread. I used the tape technique and it worked perfectly. I had some packing tape so I tore a little strip and stuck it to the SD card after it was ejected. If you use the tape to pull the card up and out, it'll come out pretty easily. Definitely a strange design to have that little metal lip right where the card needs to come out, without the tape method I probably would've broke the card (or the phone!!!) trying to get it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077