The new Lumia camera app rolling out for 830 users!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
"This item is not available int the store" also US here. Hopefully very soon!
Clicking on download and install manually lets you download the xap. I have not looked at the details of the XAP to see if it is in fact "new"

Promising.
Somebody on the wmpoweruser thread wrote he contacted MS via chat who responded that app needed for this wont' be out until Dec 19. That of course has to be taken with a grain of salt - as always....

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I have two 830's, one international/unlocked, the other on AT&T. Neither can download this app and this does not seem to be an isolated case.

Edit: Also, WMPU is crap. I may institute a ban on their links here, like the /r/windowsphone Reddit. Their news is terrible and just causes confusion by users. Just not professional to post news without actually verifying it.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Edit: Also, WMPU is crap. I may institute a ban on their links here, like the /r/windowsphone Reddit. Their news is terrible and just causes confusion by users. Just not professional to post news without actually verifying it.
thanks for putting this into perspective. Of course we still hope you are not correct in this instance ;)

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
thanks for putting this into perspective. Of course we still hope you are not correct in this instance ;)
FWIW I heard the update is coming next month and even saw it on a Lumia 830 (internal device used by one of the Microsoft/Nokia Camera engineers). This was while I was down in Peru this week with Microsoft.

I'll also say this: dynamic flash is the bomb. We can all wait a few more weeks, it'll be very much worth it.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
His last post in this thread stated
"FWIW I heard the update is coming next month and even saw it on a Lumia 830 (internal device used by one of the Microsoft/Nokia Camera engineers). This was while I was down in Peru this week with Microsoft. "

Seeing that he was in Peru with Microsoft employees one being one of the camera engineers, I would take this as him saying he has confirmation.

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Dammint WMPU! they're trying to be the news breakers too desperately.

as for said new features of the camera app, is it possible to have faster image capturing in between pics with the current hardware (imaging chip)?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
His last post in this thread stated
"FWIW I heard the update is coming next month and even saw it on a Lumia 830 (internal device used by one of the Microsoft/Nokia Camera engineers). This was while I was down in Peru this week with Microsoft. "

Seeing that he was in Peru with Microsoft employees one being one of the camera engineers, I would take this as him saying he has confirmation.
You are referring to Daniel's post above. I am referring to Chris_Germany's post here and in the other thread.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have two 830's, one international/unlocked, the other on AT&T. Neither can download this app and this does not seem to be an isolated case.

Well for this case, it's a true report. Thing is it's not only a Lumia Camera update, but also a Denim one :
a) FW update is required. French 830s have started receiving it 2 days ago
b) subsequently, Lumia Camera is updated.

On all French WP blogs, 830 users are reporting the same:

1. See here: [Mise ? jour] Lumia Camera mise ? jour (5.0.1.11), sur 830! | Nokia Day
2. Or here: Mise ? jour firmware + Lumia Camera disponible pour le Lumia 830 - Mon Windows Phone

They all insist on the fact that 5.0 appeared in the store ONLY after the FW update. They also mention that most of the new options are greyed/disabled. The magic wand for instance. Or the side apps required to edit the Moment Capture for instance are missing.

I can garantee you that both French sites I've mentionned are as serious as Windows Central. They have used their own 830 to illustrate the articles.

I hope my message brings more clarification than confusion ^_^

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Well for this case, it's a true report. Thing is it's not only a Lumia Camera update, but also a Denim one :
a) FW update is required. French 830s have started receiving it 2 days ago
b) subsequently, Lumia Camera is updated.

On all French WP blogs, 830 users are reporting the same:

1. See here: [Mise ? jour] Lumia Camera mise ? jour (5.0.1.11), sur 830! | Nokia Day
2. Or here: Mise ? jour firmware + Lumia Camera disponible pour le Lumia 830 - Mon Windows Phone

They all insist on the fact that 5.0 appeared in the store ONLY after the FW update. They also mention that most of the new options are greyed/disabled. The magic wand for instance. Or the side apps required to edit the Moment Capture for instance are missing.

I can garantee you that both French sites I've mentionned are as serious as Windows Central. They have used their own 830 to illustrate the articles.

I hope my message brings more clarification than confusion ^_^

And the WindowsBlogItalia (Which is usually reliable.)
Lumia Camera per Windows Phone si aggiorna alla versione 4.9.2.1 | WindowsBlogItalia

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The software support page for Lumias in Europe is down for maintenance.

The message shown in the link seems to hint at Denim ”The Microsoft Mobile site is down for a short time while we are making some important changes.
Thank you for your patience. Please come back soon.”

What do you think?

Availability in Europe - Nokia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad