830 with CR-201 car charger

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
But, should the depth between the coils and the charger make a different? Important to note also that even though the 920 is thinker the actual coils are stuck on to the inside of the rear part of the shell. In this way there should be little difference.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My AT&T 830 has been working fine with my original CR-200, but in a twist of irony I ordered some more colored back plates from overseas and those don't work with it. I'm guessing it's due to coil placement because they work on my DT-900 plate fine, just not the CR-200. I've noticed I also have to place them a lot more specifically on my DT-900, it's like the target area is smaller on the international back covers. I'm also about to place an order for a CR-201 for my Lumia 930, I'll report back on the 830 with that. Something tells me it wont work well with the international covers.

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T 830 has been working fine with my original CR-200, but in a twist of irony I ordered some more colored back plates from overseas and those don't work with it. I'm guessing it's due to coil placement because they work on my DT-900 plate fine, just not the CR-200. I've noticed I also have to place them a lot more specifically on my DT-900, it's like the target area is smaller on the international back covers. I'm also about to place an order for a CR-201 for my Lumia 930, I'll report back on the 830 with that. Something tells me it wont work well with the international covers.

I think we maybe getting to the root of the problem now. It seems that the fact there are 2 coils in the AT&T version then the 830 will charge ok with the CR-200/201 charger but the 830 for all other markets (with only Qi charging) will not. I would like to get my hands on an AT&T backplate to prove this point here in the UK. Can anyone help me to get an AT&T backplate? I will for it and shipping costs. Because I really want to prove this point to Microsoft. And then they will have to replace the back plates to a correct one for those people who have taken the time and effort to pay hard cash for the privilege of owning the CR-200/201 charger.
Please also update us when you get the 930 to try.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a L830 (at&t). This is my compatibility list:
Black (at&t) - yes
Green (at&t) - yes
Orange (int') - no
White (int') - no
CP-627 (flip cover) - yes, when cover is flipped back

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a L830 (at&t). This is my compatibility list:
Black (at&t) - yes
Green (at&t) - yes
Orange (int') - no
White (int') - no
CP-627 (flip cover) - yes, when cover is flipped back

Thanks for the information Ejay. So, you are saying here that your AT&T L830 charges perfectly ok with the AT&T backplates which I know to have two coils inside for both AT&T as well as QI and that the QI only backplate does not allow the phone to charge correctly?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Correct. It tried playing around with the phone with the international back covers and it would pick up the qi signal, but would shut off. It's not as responsive as the at&t back covers. I guess what you could do it's rip off the qi receivers in the int'l covers and swap them with the at&t ones...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss