HELP!!!! Lock/Unlock functionality not working on my L830!!

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello ppl! I hope somebody can help me here.

Today my 830 started behaving funky in the morning(screen freezes, app crashes) and after sometime I've noticed that the lock/unlock functionality is not working at all!!

The problem appears to be on the software side as I'm able to do other stuff with the button - turn on,off, screenshot, soft reset...all these are working..

-Double tap to wake up is not working
-Incoming call does not wake up the screen (I can feel the vibration but)
-Long pressing camera button does nothing (it vibrates but)

The only way to wake up screen is to connect/disconnect the charger!!

I 'think' I tried hard reset (press volume down, power, camera at once) but it didn't work differently than soft reset. Pls let me know if I did something wrong here.

Do you guys have any other suggestions apart from Factory reset? or Recovery tool? This is driving me crazy!!

I'm on the latest Developer Preview build, if that helps!

NuAngel

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Other threads I've seen suggest this may be due to the latest Glance update? Check the general Windows Phone 8.1 forum for more threads on the topic...

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Other threads I've seen suggest this may be due to the latest Glance update? Check the general Windows Phone 8.1 forum for more threads on the topic...

Thanks...I've seen that thread now and inside someone mentioned that the app "5 minute home workout" is causing this issue. In fact, I did install it just yesterday!! Removed it now and tried soft resetting...the button seems to be working fine for now!!!! :)

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I started having this exact same issue today. However, I did not download the "5 minute home workout" app.

I've tried both hard and soft reboots, I am NOT on the developer build but rather just plain "8.1 update". Errr... incredibly frustrating.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Having same issue on my 920. I did not install the 5 minute workout app. Noticed the problem this afternoon shortly after installing theChive app. Have uninstalled that app and tried multiple soft resets with no help.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm it was from the 5 minute work out app. The only way to wake up phone or unlock was by plugging it to charger.

Hard reset is the only way out.

Also, latest DP isn't as stable as previous ones. I would suggest rather flashing a ROM that has Denim available now. Much nicer way to grab the latest and greatest.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm it was from the 5 minute work out app. The only way to wake up phone or unlock was by plugging it to charger.

Hard reset is the only way out.

Also, latest DP isn't as stable as previous ones. I would suggest rather flashing a ROM that has Denim available now. Much nicer way to grab the latest and greatest.

I've never DL'd that app and still have these problems. Obviously not from this app. Probably something else. Also had this problem after dl'ing the chive app.

FSchmatz

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
it started right now from me, after installing the chive and quest for stuff
LUMIA 930 +DP

Tried unistaling them and soft reset , not work
i am trying to end the battery now

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Well the problem resurfaced for me after a reboot.

So I did the only thing I could think of to end the frustration - Factory Reset!! Microsoft backed up everything including my settings, start screen layout etc so it didn't really feel like starting over from scratch. I had to redownload all my apps and MixRadio Offline mixes, but.

Everything's randy dandy now, as expected. Though it's surprising that so many of us have the same issue! Wonder what really could have caused this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb