How can I get the Lumia 830 in Chile?

AndreasONN

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys!
My first Windows Phone, the Nokia Lumia 520, recently broke. It came back from the repair center a couple of days ago, unfixed, because apparently the motherboard was damaged, and could not be fixed. So, I've been looking for a new phone instead. The problem is that I live in Chile, where Windows Phones are not very popular (except for the lumia 520, which, as you know, is very popular around the globe), and on top of that, it seems that Nokia/Microsoft has some sort of deal with Movistar (one of the main carriers here), so they have exclusivity over almost all of their lumia phones, except for the low-end 5xx and 6xx series. I was looking forward to purchasing a lumia 830, because it has all the flagship features I care about, without being too expensive (my budget is pretty limited). So I was pretty disappointed when I found out that neither my carrier nor any retailers sell it (and I can't switch carriers, because all of my family is already on my current one, and the calling/texting rates vary depending on whether you're communicating with someone on your same carrier or a different one). I can't buy it on Amazon either, because they don't ship electronics to Chile.
Any suggestions on where/how to get it?
Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spikey Sato

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
you could try ringing your network and find out if they do phone import. My friend had to do that few years back to get a phone he was after. He did have to pay a little extra to get it, but he got through his phone network and they set it up for him.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The problem is if get an Brazilian version can be not compatible with the 4G 2,6GHZ also unlock the phone sim, network lock ,I don't understand why we are getting only the budget models only if also should bring the 830-930 also I am in a similar situation want renew my phone by the 830 but can't find in Movistar

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Andreas do you have those old plans, because I moved from Claro to Movistar because had an old plan which was mixed, my family has entel pcs but I moved to Movistar and it's fine, newer plans the seconds on and off net must cost the same than the second on net and that it's by law now

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Have tried open an mailbox in Miami in Chilebox, they for free can open an mailbox in Miami where can purchase giving your address in Florida and get to Santiago the stuff you want can be more expensive but it's an option,

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The problem is if get an Brazilian version can be not compatible with the 4G 2,6GHZ also unlock the phone sim, network lock ,I don't understand why we are getting only the budget models only if also should bring the 830-930 also I am in a similar situation want renew my phone by the 830 but can't find in Movistar

Do you know what variant you need? well you have only 3 choices and you've eliminated one the RM-985
The RM-983 is an AT&T compatible phone and it's networks so if that works with the networks in Chile get one of those
unlocked ones eBay. or an RM-984 also on eBay or others places for less than $390. including shipping.
Nokia Lumia 830 Smartphone RM-984 (Unlocked, Black) #A00020755 - Expansys USA

BUT you'll have to have a friend -if you have one in USA to send it otherwise eBay is your only choice.
Brazilian version at Walmart and some stores in Brazil ARE unlocked and not tied to any carrier. If you looked at that link it says where the are sold, the price and if they are unlocked
Read again https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...3Don%26re_76%3Don%26re_80%3Don&token=ByONu6dG

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If is made in Brazil wouldn't like really, just the Brazilian made product is not a good one. would prefer get it from ATT if the LTE it's 2,6GHZ even if are made in China.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
If is made in Brazil wouldn't like really, just the Brazilian made product is not a good one. would prefer get it from ATT if the LTE it's 2,6GHZ even if are made in China.

Are some RM-985 made in Brazil and sold in USA ? I think they are all made in China. Do you even know what variant works best in Chile ?

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Then if are made in Brazil prefer still with the 820 ,I prefer avoid Brazilian products just are bad quality not matter if Nokia factories are done, I had enough with a car made in Brazil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb