Is lumia camera available on the Lumia 830?

Julian Lee2000

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a lumia 830, but when I went to see the apps, there was only the Nokia camera app, not the lumia camera app. There aren't any updates in the (Canadian) App Store either. Is lumia camera not available for this phone? I looked online, and it said that it should be pre installed and there should be rich capture on it too.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
No. It's not. It should be generally available soon (so we think). Take a look at a couple threads here... One right below this one. There's a lot of discussion about it.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Based on what I've read, the app isn't 100% functional on the 830 and has some issues. That's why I said "generally available".

So, just an FYI for anyone who stumbles upon the "trick"...

Phoenixon798

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
yes..i downloaded it from the finland store..bt whenever i open it a message popup says that u need denim update for the new camera app..bt m already in denim..help me to solve this

Menr1Q

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
yes..i downloaded it from the finland store..bt whenever i open it a message popup says that u need denim update for the new camera app..bt m already in denim..help me to solve this
When the popup comes press back button and close the app and then open it again.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a lumia 830, but when I went to see the apps, there was only the Nokia camera app, not the lumia camera app. There aren't any updates in the (Canadian) App Store either. Is lumia camera not available for this phone? I looked online, and it said that it should be pre installed and there should be rich capture on it too.

You can get the LUMIA CAMERA in name only. Except for the Video having a brightness wheel and "some" ( no I said the...) say it's faster. For me it's a toy to play with while getting very mixed and under achieving results. This isn't the LUMIA CAMERA 830 owners were promised.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
You can get the LUMIA CAMERA in name only. Except for the Video having a brightness wheel and "some" ( no I said the...) say it's faster. For me it's a toy to play with while getting very mixed and under achieving results. This isn't the LUMIA CAMERA 830 owners were promised.

And no one should expect it to be considering it hasn't been released yet to the 830.

Personally, I get the feeling the 830 is going to need a further firmware update before the full imaging upgrades in denim (and Lumia Camera) can be used. The way the rollout has gone just doesn't make sense to me otherwise... Like we're running beta denim.

But, that's just a feeling.... And probably a crazy one.

Nahuel 1988

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same prob . how did you get it ? :(

I turned off my data connection, my location and changed my phone's region to Finland (reboot is required). When the phone turns back on, open the store(using wi-fi) and check for "Lumia Camera". Once it's installed you can revert everything. When you open the new Cam it will say that you need Demin (In my case it does). Just hit the back button twice, open again and it should work. But its not as stable and function yet, at least for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999