Unhappy 830 users?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Fourth, the screen is a bit shiny. When seeing from an angle, it has a mirror effect. That makes that the screen looks to be very 'deep' inside the phone. Not very nice on the eye, compared to iPhones.

Put a screen protector over it if it's too shiny.
Not nice ... compared to iphones? Seriously? I've had iphone owners gaze in amazement at "how cheap your phone makes my iphone look" - iphones are miniature pieces of trash beside the 830.
Looks better, feels better.... everything is better with the 830!

To those that are having issues with the back & start buttons:
I have a cheap, mirror screen protector and the bottom buttons work without issue for me. I had to cut the top-right portion of it, because it was covering up the proximity sensor (double tap to wake / glance stopped working). Getting a different screen protector, or try cutting the protector between the ear piece and front camera (where the proximity sensor is) and see if that helps.

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with mine. I've had no major issues at all. The capacitive buttons work perfectly and any sudden restarts are usually related to 3rd-party apps.

However, no device is perfect. My number one gripe is hand feel. A slightly smaller screen and more rounded corners would make the phone easier to hold. Maybe it's personal preference.

The other thing that bothered me was the appearance of micro scratches around the edges of the screen. I don't know if I have a defective oleophobic coating or something, none of my other phones had screen protectors and they all went into the same pocket without scratching. Luckily, the scratches aren't that visible with the screen turned on.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with mine. I've had no major issues at all. The capacitive buttons work perfectly and any sudden restarts are usually related to 3rd-party apps.

However, no device is perfect. My number one gripe is hand feel. A slightly smaller screen and more rounded corners would make the phone easier to hold. Maybe it's personal preference.

The other thing that bothered me was the appearance of micro scratches around the edges of the screen. I don't know if I have a defective oleophobic coating or something, none of my other phones had screen protectors and they all went into the same pocket without scratching. Luckily, the scratches aren't that visible with the screen turned on.

Funny thing. The feel of this phone in hand it's initially why I liked it so much. Compared to my 1520 it's the most comfortable phone in the world LOL

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Crap, it happened again. Two reboots in two days, starting to be unhappy about this.

i have had some reboots but i figured it happened while i was navigating WP Central app LOL

so are you sure it ain't an app that is causing the reboots? try to be more observative of when the reboot occurs, if it is while using any app in particular!

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just bought it today, it's my first WP device, and so far I love it. It's not the fastest phone in the world, but for the price I think it's great. The build quality is superb, and WP8.1 is absolutely gorgeous. I use Android (2014 Moto X and Nexus 5) and iOS (iPhone 6) daily, and now I can toss WP8.1 into the rotation and I am thrilled about it. I think the 830 is a great entry into the Windows Phone world, and so far I don't think I can be any happier with my purchase. I'm sure after a bit of time I'll find things that bother me about it but so far so good.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 830

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just bought it today, it's my first WP device, and so far I love it. It's not the fastest phone in the world, but for the price I think it's great. The build quality is superb, and WP8.1 is absolutely gorgeous. I use Android (2014 Moto X and Nexus 5) and iOS (iPhone 6) daily, and now I can toss WP8.1 into the rotation and I am thrilled about it. I think the 830 is a great entry into the Windows Phone world, and so far I don't think I can be any happier with my purchase. I'm sure after a bit of time I'll find things that bother me about it but so far so good.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 830

I love mine also. Had a slight touch problem, but as soon as I removed the screen protector all good! Love this phone!

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I love mine also. Had a slight touch problem, but as soon as I removed the screen protector all good! Love this phone!

I've been using it a LOT and it seems to get awfully laggy at times. Is this just something I need to learn to deal with or do you think I should exchange it? I love literally everything about it except for the lag, but that seems to be a MAJOR offender.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it a LOT and it seems to get awfully laggy at times. Is this just something I need to learn to deal with or do you think I should exchange it? I love literally everything about it except for the lag, but that seems to be a MAJOR offender.

I run into occasional lag, but normally it's if I am jumping between games and apps. Otherwise pretty snappy

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

What is the most common place for it and could you describe it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234