Is there a comparison somewhere of the Nokia and Microsoft Camera apps? Which do you prefer and why?
    12-27-2014 08:28 AM
    If u are the kind of guy who just want to take a shot and don't want to tinker much with the settings then MS app is for u.
    But if ur the kind of guy who likes to experiment and want extensive manual control(like manual focus, shutter speed) then nokia camera is for u.
    For casual users MS camera is better since it starts up much faster than Nokia camera. But since ur on 830 nokia camera shld be significantly faster with 5.0 update which also brings some nifty new features.
    elee@ulgm.org likes this.
    12-27-2014 08:45 AM
    Thank you athull. This is very helpful. I do see where the MS camera app feels easier to use, and has some cool features such as burst mode. I'm surprised they make the Nokia camera app the default.

One other question... what is this forthcoming Lumina camera app that I have been reading about? Does it replace one of the two aforementioned camera apps? What is it's advantage?
    12-27-2014 10:38 AM
    MS Camera is fine, although I noticed a long time ago that Nokia Camera performed kinda better in low light video. (might have the footage somewhere)

I say its more what the user prefers.
    I have Nokia Camera Beta as my default.

Lumia Camera is a renamed Nokia Camera at its core. but in newer devices, some upcoming update enables a faster start and other stuff.
    12-27-2014 10:44 AM
    Since u got an 830 u will be getting the new features.
    I believe u get HDR and HD moment capture. And of course a much faster start up.
    12-27-2014 11:41 AM
    Thank you athull. This is very helpful. I do see where the MS camera app feels easier to use, and has some cool features such as burst mode. I'm surprised they make the Nokia camera app the default.

One other question... what is this forthcoming Lumina camera app that I have been reading about? Does it replace one of the two aforementioned camera apps? What is it's advantage?
    you can change the default , go to settings, applications ,phone+camera, tap (default camera app)
    12-27-2014 12:31 PM