Why does the Lumia Camera app on my Nokia Lumia 830 say I have an outdated phone?

MaxMones501

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Camera app on Nokia Lumia 830 says I have an outdated phone

Hello so just yesterday I downloaded the Lumia Camera app on my Lumia 830, and as we know the L830 comes with Lumia Denim out of the box. But when I tried to open the app it said my phone is outdated and can't launch the app. Anyone know how to fix this? If so It would be kindly appreciated :)

Main phone: Nokia Lumia 830 White
Tablet: Apple iPad Air 2 64GB White

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia Camera app on Nokia Lumia 830 says I have an outdated phone

Use Lumia camera classic
Your phone still needs an update before you can use the one you downloaded. This update will come soon (within a few weeks)

MaxMones501

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I know I have Lumia Camera Classic but it has no Rich Capture or any of those new features from Denim

Tablet: iPad Air 2 64GB White

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I know I have Lumia Camera Classic but it has no Rich Capture or any of those new features from Denim

To get the Rich Capture or any of those new features you still need to get this update first.
Your 830 had Denim out of the box but still needs the update before you can use the Rich Capture etc.

MaxMones501

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

I checked for updates and it said my phone was up to date

Main phone: Nokia Lumia 930 White

MaxMones501

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

Or is it the app?

Man phone: Nokia Lumia 830
Tablet: iPad Air 64GB White

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

No it is no app. It is a part of denim. But Microsoft did not yet release it. So you still need to wait for a while

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

The 830 should have come with Lumia Denim firmware, but its actually just WP 8.1.1 with Cyan firmware and a fake Denim label (none of the Denim features are functional on 830 factory software).

The real Denim firmware should arrive by an update in the coming months, depending on your carrier.

Microsoft should have stated that the "Denim" included on the 830 was functionally incomplete and in need of an update. That doesn't look good from a PR point of view though.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

The 830 should have come with Lumia Denim firmware, but its actually just WP 8.1.1 with Cyan firmware and a fake Denim label (none of the Denim features are functional on 830 factory software).

The real Denim firmware should arrive by an update in the coming months, depending on your carrier.

Microsoft should have stated that the "Denim" included on the 830 was functionally incomplete and in need of an update. That doesn't look good from a PR point of view though.

Please quote an official source for any of the claims you state.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Please quote an official source for any of the claims you state.

I would like them to make an official statement as well. The closest I've seen is a comment by Juha Alakarhu while discussing RAW coming to the 830 (In an interview by WC posted yesterday): "Oh. Yes. That will becoming with the Denim update".

That said, even without and official statement, it seems pretty clear to me that the 830 does need a further firmware update. If so, that's NOT what was promised nor marketed (still) by Microsoft. It's one thing to need an app update and quite another to need a firmware update.

I'm actually quite angered and frustrated over this. Simply, it's a case of misrepresentation of a product to consumers. And those consumers, like me, who have had the phone long enough can no longer seek a refund. It's the same old story of little recourse for bad (or lacking) software that we've dealt with for decades and have, somehow, come to regard as acceptable rather than not.

I'm waiting until we get confirmation before I decide what action to take.

Anyway, rant over.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

The 830 is waiting just as most 930 and 1520's are. Give em a little time. It's a nice phone with great camera in the meantime.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

The 830 is waiting just as most 930 and 1520's are. Give em a little time. It's a nice phone with great camera in the meantime.

The difference between the 830 & 930/1520, is that this phone was marketed with the Denim printed on it and also was featured when they talked about the Lumia Camera app. It would be a total different story if we were only waiting for the Lumia Camera app update but it is not. We are waiting to have the real Denim update and now it is in our carrier's hands which sometimes is not a good situation.

MaxMones501

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site

No it is no app. It is a part of denim. But Microsoft did not yet release it. So you still need to wait for a while
I see it's part of the update. Ok thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos