When will the Lumia 830 Denim update come out?

apnaadda

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

Does anyone have the slightest idea when will the update for Lumia 830 roll out? In the beginning, Microsoft stated that Lumia 830, 930 will get the Denim update first, followed by 1520 and then the others.
'Others' have got it but we haven't.
Its pretty frustrating :S

apnaadda

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

There was supposed to be another one, the one that would allow to download Lumia camera app.

Gkaarl

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

I'm waiting for it too.
Also, does anyone have a official list of the improvements/new features in Denim?

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The 830 comes with Denim. It's already installed. However, real soon you should get an update for it that fixes the Netflix problem among a few others.

The Lumia Camera is an app that for some reason keeps getting delayed. You already have the firmware, MS just doesn't have the app available yet. Very annoying to say the least.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The 830 comes with Denim. It's already installed. However, real soon you should get an update for it that fixes the Netflix problem among a few others.

The Lumia Camera is an app that for some reason keeps getting delayed. You already have the firmware, MS just doesn't have the app available yet. Very annoying to say the least.

We need a firmware update, the Lumia 5.0 is out, it doesn't work correctly on the 830, so it's not "officially"
available because we need a Denim firmware update.
The Denim becoming available for the 930 is that updated Denim.
Think of the 830 as having Denim "1.0" we need "1.1" or whatever you wish to call it,
but 830 owners need an updated Denim in order for Lumia 5.0 to be "available" and functioning.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
We need a firmware update, the Lumia 5.0 is out, it doesn't work correctly on the 830, so it's not "officially"
available because we need a Denim firmware update.
The Denim becoming available for the 930 is that updated Denim.
Think of the 830 as having Denim "1.0" we need "1.1" or whatever you wish to call it,
but 830 owners need an updated Denim in order for Lumia 5.0 to be "available" and functioning.
so the 930 can already use the lumia camera 5?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
so the 930 can already use the lumia camera 5?

Yes. It's fully functional on the 930 with the Denim update. That's why we believe the 830 doesn't have the final Denim code: if it did, we would be running LC 5 right now.

I've already ranted in another thread, so I won't do it here, but MS completely botched the 830 launch in this regard.

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
We need a firmware update for the 830 that fixes the bug that won't allow some of us to even see the iheartradio app in the store, much less download it!! :(

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
We need a firmware update for the 830 that fixes the bug that won't allow some of us to even see the iheartradio app in the store, much less download it!! :(

I think most can get iHeartRadio so I don't know if the 'few' who can't is a concern to warrant a 'fix' by MS.
It might be carrier blocked, have you thought about that ?

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
What is your source when saying that Denim is not "official" and needs an upgrade? It is only heard here, on Windows Central. Then the rumor spread. But the L830 is still selling as advertised, with Denim firmware and camera that knows about HDR and stuff.
On the other hand I believe that we were conned. We bought the phone mislead by false advertising. And after four months accessories are still very hard to find...
I believe that Microsoft should reconsider their mobile marketing strategy.

Prodigy11

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Microsoft has confirmed that Lumia 830 needs another small firmware update in order to enable the Lumia Camera 5, but no idea when this will happen. So the above comments saying that Lumia 830 Denim version is sort of crippled, are true.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Microsoft has confirmed that Lumia 830 needs another small firmware update in order to enable the Lumia Camera 5, but no idea when this will happen. So the above comments saying that Lumia 830 Denim version is sort of crippled, are true.
I hope the update will be release soon for L830.. Im a bit dissapointed that my 830, though in denim can't install the LC 5.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Where and when did they confirm this? I haven't seen anything. (NOT saying you're wrong...I'd like to read/hear it for myself).

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
And still... I do not agree with the extrapolation. The quote from Microsoft does not say anything about upgrading Denim firmware, but the camera app.

Microsoft says:

"The Denim software package does not include the latest version of the Lumia camera app. We recommend upgrading the app from Store manually in case the Update apps automatically has been turned off in Store settings. The latest version of Lumia Camera app is 5.0.2.37.

This applies for Lumia 930, 1520, Icon and 830 devices."

LE:
I was wrong:
They did say it:

Lumia 830, 930, 1520 and Icon will automatically get the new Lumia Camera 5 application with the Lumia Denim software update. Lumia Camera Classic represents the existing camera (formerly known as Nokia Camera, now Lumia Camera 4). This application lets you revert back to the predecessor version. Go to Store to download and install.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I got Lumia Camera 5 on my 830. I opened Navifirm a found new product codes for variants in Germany, Poland or Netherlands that have final Denim. I downloaded the package and flash my czech RM-984 with German Country variant and now I have Lumia Camera 5 with all the features (Rich capture and DNG), but the app cannot be updated and if I delete it I won't be able to download it again. Weird.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I got Lumia Camera 5 on my 830. I opened Navifirm a found new product codes for variants in Germany, Poland or Netherlands that have final Denim. I downloaded the package and flash my czech RM-984 with German Country variant and now I have Lumia Camera 5 with all the features (Rich capture and DNG), but the app cannot be updated and if I delete it I won't be able to download it again. Weird.

So far for the real Lumia Camera 5 with your 830 please tell us more....

- Is it really faster than the current Lumia camera classic
- How is the Rich Capture
- How is the Dynamic flash
- Is the focus good on it. (Some people and myself sometimes it had problems with the focus)
- How fast is the shoot-to-shoot time (take a picture, right after take another one...)
- The video quality with the long press on the camera button, does it create good photos out of it? or are they to low res to save and keep them?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions, because I really eager to have this real Denim update on my Lumia 830.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So far for the real Lumia Camera 5 with your 830 please tell us more....

- Is it really faster than the current Lumia camera classic
- How is the Rich Capture
- How is the Dynamic flash
- Is the focus good on it. (Some people and myself sometimes it had problems with the focus)
- How fast is the shoot-to-shoot time (take a picture, right after take another one...)
- The video quality with the long press on the camera button, does it create good photos out of it? or are they to low res to save and keep them?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions, because I really eager to have this real Denim update on my Lumia 830.

It is really faster, I would say as fast as Microsoft Camera.
Rich capture is good, so the dynamic flash. I like the fact that I can adjust the brightness after I took the picture.
Focus is good, except when you try to focus at night on objects that are far and with lights, then it's better use manual focus and set to infinity.
The shoot-to-shoot is really fast, but when you go back to the photo you just shot, you'll see that camera is saving it and you'll have to wait for 2 seconds to see it.
The long press with Full HD is good but the pictures are low resolution (2mpx), the smart cam in Lumia Camera Classic takes better pics (5mpx). So I use the long press for burst mode when you take pic after pic in a few seconds.
And there is better white balance in low light shots, a little bit warmer. And you can also take pictures in DNG.
But there are still some bugs...the app sometimes crashes and cannot be updated so it's still lacking the timer and when you go to the store, it will tell you that you can't download this app. Weird. But there's no message about updating phone when you press the camera button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes