Lumia 830 ROM Question Help!!!

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, so basically right now, I have a Lumia 830 from Telus that is the RM 985 Version. However, I have not unlocked it but am willing to debrand it to an unlocked ROM version of Canada (country variant), so I can get the updates quicker. Microsoft Store in Canada is selling an unlocked version of Lumia 830 and using the same radio bands as mine (LTE and all others). So here are my questions:

1) Is it possible to get the ROM of Canada country variant without having me to unlock the device?

2) Will there be any LTE or any bands, I would lose? I want to use the RM 985 Version.

3) Is it possible to revert back the bands if anything goes wrong?

4)Which ROM should I use to have an country variant of Canada?

5) Will it void my warranty? Note: I would just like to flash the same RM 985 but country variant.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
1) Yes
2) No
3) No, if you flash the CA RM-985 ROM then you don't lose any bands, heck you can flash any RM-985 ROM and it won't be affecting any of your bands
4) 059W6R7: RM-985 VAR NAM 4R CV D GREY OR 059W742: RM-985 VAR NAM 4R CV SLV
​5) Yes, but if you flash back to the Telus ROM then you should be fine

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The one I've posted is the North American variant, the one you've mentioned is the Latin American variant. There is absolutely no visual difference between them

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
So basically I flashed the firmware you told me the NAM one, and everything works great. However, can you please answer these questions?

1) How can I tell if I get 4G LTE speed on this device? I went into (settings - mobile+sim - sim settings) and looked at highest connection speed and it says LTE, though I would like to confirm it has it and works at maximum speed. Note, I only have a voice plan on my account.

2) When I go into network selection and it searches for the networks, I find these options: Telus (3G, LTE), CAN Rogers Wireless Inc. (forbidden) and Bell (3G, LTE). So why is the Rogers network forbidden? I bought this phone from telus.

3) Is there a way to check if my phone is unlocked without putting another sim as I don't have one at this moment?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos