Does the Denim Update Fix the Capacitive Button Issues?

jeffy912

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering, for those that have been able to install the latest Denim update on the Lumia 830, does it fix or improve the inconsistent capacitive button issues on the phone? My search button has been finicky since the day I bought the phone.

Thanks!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering, for those that have been able to install the latest Denim update on the Lumia 830, does it fix or improve the inconsistent capacitive button issues on the phone? My search button has been finicky since the day I bought the phone.

Thanks!
That would be great, but I am rather pessimistic and believe MS is not even concerned about this, if not even unaware of the issues. The lumia touch issues they are working on are focused on the 535.

rodbostock

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Pre Denim update I never had any issues with buttons except after I put on a screen protector. After that the search button was unresponsive. Since the Denim update the search button has been much more responsive - not 100% but acceptable.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What should I test when I buy the L830?
Is arriving to my country this month and I don't know if this buttons problem is a big thing or not

jeffy912

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the replies. My search button is very inconsistent even without a screen protector. I haven't even tried to apply a screen protector because of this issue. I'll wait until the latest Denim is released in North America and see what happens.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the replies. My search button is very inconsistent even without a screen protector. I haven't even tried to apply a screen protector because of this issue. I'll wait until the latest Denim is released in North America and see what happens.

Please tell us what happen

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Please tell us what happen

The search button doesn't work very well, and many people (including me) find that when they put a screen protector on, the search button doesn't work at all. I dont' view it as much of a problem, the search button has the same function as using the Cortana app. Some people also have trouble with the back button. I find that now and then it isn't very responsive but it isn't nearly the problem as the search button. Most people agree that removing the screen protector fixes the problem. I have NOT removed my screen protector.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
A soft reset returned my search button to working order. I was going to exchange it but I didn't want one that was worse! seems ok now.

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
A week with my 830 today, no case or screen protector... all three buttons work perfectly

Last edited:

jeffy912

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I week with my 830 today, no case or screen protector... all three buttons work perfectly

You just purchased your 830 yeah? You must've just gotten a good phone.

I haven't been able to follow-up on this thread as the latest Denim update hasn't been released in the US yet for AT&T.

ealkalai

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I also have similar problems with my Lumia 930.

It started by randomly getting into the app switcher, like pressing the back button. Screen was not reacting to touch. So I had to lock and unlock the phone.

Then the search button was randomly activating itselft, by enabling Cortana. I thought it was the Hey Cortana feature, so i deactivated, but wasn't that. Next, the search button stopped working at all. I tried to soft reset, clean the screen, play with the settings and coincidentally all buttons start working. and after a day again random behavior. Finally the search button stopped reacting again!

Any fixes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss