Error message when starting Lumia Camera 5 om L830 with Denim

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have an L830 (RM-984_1005), running Denim & WP 8.10.14157.200 . This phone got the Lumia Camera 5.0.2.42 a few days ago. But as fast as I start Lumia Camera I get a message "UPDATE YOUR PHONE" "Lumia Camera requires the Lumia Denim software update." ... and so on. A click on "OK" just shuts the camera app down.

I have found a workaround. First start the "Lumia Camera", power the phone "off", then start the camera again with the camera button, and then it works. So then I have two "Lumia Camera" running.

I have tried to remove & resinstall the "Lumia Camera" app, but still the same issue.

Anyone else having this problem? How to get rid of it?

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, but isen?t it then strange that my phone got the Lumia Camera 5 if it dosen't have the proper pre req?

Forgot to write my firmware revision number above. 02040.00005.14372.54001

I live in Sweden & there is not even a Lumia 830 in the list:
(can't post urls yet...)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, but isen?t it then strange that my phone got the Lumia Camera 5 if it dosen't have the proper pre req?

(can't post urls yet...)

Indeed it is and this confused and enjoyed a lot of people that Microsoft did not make it clear that you still needed to wait for an update before you could use the camera 5.

Please check in settings > extras+info > under Mobile operator:
It shoud be something like 000-xx
And xx is the county variant of your phone.
So you have to look for that country to check the status of DENIM.

bumbleboing

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site

(can't post urls yet...)

frav, I live in Sweden as well. Same **** here... :(
Don't yet have the latest Denim, new LC5 camera is not working and we're missing out a few features due to missing this software.
I've checked with MS support and they can't say either and everyone points to that same page where L830 is not even listed.

I although love the phone and eagerly await the latest update which seem to be taking forever...

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have "Mobile Operator: 000-SE" in this L830

Bumbleboing, ja vi verkar f? v?nta..... suck... :( But it is over all a great phone.

(Yesterday I also got an brand new L930 in my hands, that I ordered a few days ago & in that one the Lumia Camera 5 works as it should. :) Nice phone that too :) )

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have "Mobile Operator: 000-SE" in this L830

Bumbleboing, ja vi verkar f? v?nta..... suck... :( But it is over all a great phone.

(Yesterday I also got an brand new L930 in my hands, that I ordered a few days ago & in that one the Lumia Camera 5 works as it should. :) Nice phone that too :) )

SE is indeed SWEDEN. But I have no idea why MS did not put it on the list. Actual they forgot a few more.
Anyhow the list does not show when it will be released only if it is released.
So you still have to wait till the update is released.
You could contact MS and ask them why the 830 is not on the list.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I've checked with MS support and they can't say either and everyone points to that same page where L830 is not even listed.

For the first week or two L830 wasn't listed on that page for the US. Now it is listed ... I suppose eventually they'll get around to (forgive me) smaller countries ... Note that although it's LISTED for the US, we don't have an update yet!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Gee I long for the days of Windows Phone Central when duplicate threads were deleted and members were instructed to look for the answer before creating a new thread. This has been discussed Ad nauseam. :wink:

CoffeeFriday

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
It's the same in Denmark. I enabled developer preview and received some updates, one of them makes me able to choose when the phone shall update, but guess what, - Lumia Camera still won't work, and MS did nothing to fix it. They lied from day 1 about the 830, updated other phones but not 830

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo