Is there an unlock product code for the Lumia 830?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Product code with fastest updates

Hello,

Couple of questions from a person with a Lumia 830, India CV, still without full Denim, considering switching to a different product code firmware

1. ​Is there an International unlocked product code for this phone, not related to a country, all LTE bands enabled?
  2. If not, which country variant receives updates the fastest and is suitable for use everywhere else?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Product code with fastest updates

1. like an Earth Planet-variant? Nope, don't think so.

2. I don't think there's a variant that will consistently get updates fastest...

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

1. like an Earth Planet-variant? Nope, don't think so.

2. I don't think there's a variant that will consistently get updates fastest...

​Hmm. I seem to have found something. There's a ROM on Nokia's servers "VAR IMEA 9L CV". If I browse through the firmware releases of RM-984, I see that this variant has all the firmware updates before the one for "VAR IMEA IN CV", which is my variant. This one doesn't seem to coincide with a particular country variant. Will give this one a try. so now, my question is:

​Once I flash my phone with this firmware, when my phone searches for firmware and updates OTA, will it look for the original product code (hardcoded in my phone), or the product code on the current firmware?

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

​Hmm. I seem to have found something. There's a ROM on Nokia's servers "VAR IMEA 9L CV". If I browse through the firmware releases of RM-984, I see that this variant has all the firmware updates before the one for "VAR IMEA IN CV", which is my variant. This one doesn't seem to coincide with a particular country variant. Will give this one a try. so now, my question is:

​Once I flash my phone with this firmware, when my phone searches for firmware and updates OTA, will it look for the original product code (hardcoded in my phone), or the product code on the current firmware?

It will search for the product code hardcoded in to your phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs