Is "Hey Cortana" Available for the Lumia 830?

sean spamilton

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I just picked up my first windows phone today after years of using Android. The lure of WIN 10 across my devices was a big draw, as was Cortana (I'm a nerd I know).

It'll be a bit of a learning curve, but in the mean time does anyone know how to get the "Hey Cortana" feature (where you can activate it without touching the phone) ? .. I've done all the updates, and am pretty sure this is the Denim build, but can't find anywhere to activate it.

Is it only available for the Win 10 preview?

Thanks!
Sean.

klose91

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The 830 doesn't support this feature, which is limited to the snapdragon 800 CPUs, and the 830 just has the snapdragon 400.

sean spamilton

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Well that's a bummer. Too bad the Canadian phone carriers don't offer the 930. Oh well! - Perhaps you could tell me (while I've your attention) if there are any music players that can play FLAC files for windows phones? :)

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Well that's a bummer. Too bad the Canadian phone carriers don't offer the 930. Oh well! - Perhaps you could tell me (while I've your attention) if there are any music players that can play FLAC files for windows phones? :)

not at the moment. But Windows 10 for phones will support it from what I have seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon