New Lumia 830

davforr

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone I'm David from Bradford West Yorkshire ..I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 830 on EE after using this great site as research ...I did have a Samsung but thought I would have a change...What a refreshing change it was the phone is fantastic such a well built phone and customization was easy...Worthy in my eyes as a Flagship phone
Last Night 19th Feb I had a message saying there was a update to software..Which I duly downloaded and since the upgrade the phone's 3 front buttons have become very unresponsive with only the middle Windows one really working ....Has anyone else experienced this problem ever ? thank you

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't already, try a soft reset (press volume down and power button simultaneously until screen goes off and phone vibrates). If it were me and my phone and the soft reset didn't work, I'd do hard reset and hope :). Congrats on getting the 830! Very nice phone with great camera and battery life.

davforr

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Panic over now the soft reset kindly suggested by mark233 worked ...I'm converted now to a Windows phone:smile: I have the update for the camera which includes rich capture ...Wow what a feature for a camera ...thanks to this forum and all it's posters keep up the good work

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to a fellow Brit. I think you have bought the best WP device around for the moment. I am interested to know if you bought your 830 from EE (i.e. network locked) like mine as Microsoft are saying that the Denim update still isn't out for EE.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

davforr

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello finbaar...Yes I got mine on contract from EE on the 12 Feb ...All I know is 19th Feb Thursday 23-50 I had a message saying there was a update ..I downloaded the update and I had the Lumia Camera with rich capture...I just checked my phone says I have OS Version 8.10.14219.341
Firmware revision number 02040.00019.14484.24005
Hope that helps anything else please ask :)

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Panic over now the soft reset kindly suggested by mark233 worked ...I'm converted now to a Windows phone:smile: I have the update for the camera which includes rich capture ...Wow what a feature for a camera ...thanks to this forum and all it's posters keep up the good work

Hi David, glad you're happy with the phone! I bought a L830 on the day they were released in the US, November 7 - as with you this site, and the forums, were instrumental in my deciding to take the leap and abandon my iPhone, and to helping me become comfortable with the paradigm. I'm a true convert, and am glad you are too! Now if you would just talk to AT&T (my US mobile provider) about making that latest Denim upgrade available so I can enjoy Rich Capture too!

davforr

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Basiluzzo
I don't think I could do anything to make AT&T release the latest Denim upgrade personally ...I know if I could that I sure would make a lot of people in the USA very happy ...Yes this forum and members did guide me towards my L830....After being a Samsung Android Man I saw the light and woke up to Windows phones ...To be honest I never really gave them much attention but they have my undivided attention now ...Hope Denim arrives super quick for you all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12