On the fence. Don't want to be Humpty Dumpty. Need help choosing.

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For almost two years, I've thoroughly enjoyed my Lumia 920. But lately, battery drain has become more of an issue than it has always been. (Forget it ... I've tweaked as much as possible.) My battery drain can go anywhere from high 3% p/hr to double digits in a millisecond. I regularly have to soft reset or reboot to get it down. My wife has a 920 and it rarely drains at much more than 1% p/hr. :angry:

I was looking around for a replacement that could be more of a side-grade, but had better battery life. I've heard mainly really good things about the 830. PLUS, it has a removable battery. I'm on the fence and considering it.

Can anyone comment or suggest.
Thanks.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
735 or 830 is good IMHO.
battery drain is more of a usage thing. I have a 1020 and I notice that the battery life shows anywhere from 1 day 1 hour to 1 day 19 hours on full battery however the average of the two is what I get out of it as my usage varies from day to day.

Cheers

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Can't speak to the 830 but my 735 gets at least one whole day plus. My 735 is used for calls, tons of Internet and some videos usage too. Talk time on the 735 is higher than that of the 830. Just my two cents worth.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Your battery has simply lost capacity.
Simple to change to a new battery. Three little screws.
Takes maybe 10 mins.
That should bring it back to a nice enjoyable for you.
I"ve tried a bund of Lumia's, 925, 930, 1020, 1520, 735 and 830.
About 2 months ago I bought a new 920. The 830 I still have but it's been sitting in it's box on a shelf since I got the 920.
I had the 830 for a 2 months, more I think, before I got the 920.
The 920, in performance, as crazy as it sounds, simple eats the 830 for lunch.
I used both the 830 and 920 side by side for over a week before boxing the 830.
Haven't turned it on since.

:)
Fred

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've owned a 920, 1520, and 830 as far as Windows Phone 8 devices. The 830's battery is closer to the 1520's. In other words, it's more than solid and beats the pants off of the 920's. I easily get a day with heavy use (from sun-up to when you hit the sack), and a day and a half otherwise. With light use, you can get close to 2 days. My 1520 would regularly last about 2 days with moderate use, while my 920 was pretty close to done when I got home from work, having charged it overnight.

Loved the 920 otherwise... it was the most excited I had ever been about a WP device. But battery life was never one of its strengths, while it is a positive of the 830's.

The 735 has a slightly smaller display and no Glance Screen, a deal-breaker for me (partly why I didn't get a 930).

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
You can find video on youtube.
Basically remove the two small screws on the bottom (#4 or #5 torx, you'll need both, can't remember which was which).
Then the black can be remove. It has to slightly be slid down because of the connector on the top.
Then just carefully remove the top taking care not to break the ribbon cable attach to the inside back for the Qi charging pickup.
There is one little screw that you have to remove before you can remove the battery, it will be obvious. There is a flat metal clamp that holds the battery in place.
Then a little piece of tap over the battery connector which you remove. Then you can unplug the connector and the battery lifts right out.
Put new battery in and reverse the steps.
Hook the connector up. Put the tape back on it.
Put the metal holding strap back on the battery and the one screw.
Slid the back back on.
Put the two screws back in the bottom.
Done !

:)
Fred

Thanks to all.

Hey Fred. HOW DO YOU CHANGE BATTERY ON 920???:eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member