Dual sim lumia 830?

fairyjo

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Since the Lumia 830 has a removable back cover and battery, has anyone tried to make it dual-sim?

If so, is it working well? and can both sim be active at the same time?

Looking forward to your comments and feedback.
Thanks, Joanie

fairyjo

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for the link, in fact I had found that article, but it doesn't explain how to make the phone dual sim. It's a little confusing because it suggests that the 830 is a dual sim phone, which it is not, it has only one sim slot. It also says to check availability on Microsoft website, but there's no Lumia 830 dual sim on Microsoft's website. The article also mentions Smart dual sim, which, acccording to this "Smart Dual SIM on Lumia explained - Lumia Conversations" (they won't let me post the URL) is only for original dual sim phones.

So I'm wondering if the article was maybe written before the 830 was released, because I searched internet thoroughly and could find only some references to a dual sim 830, they all date before its and the 730 release. They knew one of them would be dual sim but didn't know which so they just guessed wrong... I guess.

So did you make yours dual sim? how? which accessory did you use? OR do you have an original (and unique) Lumia 830 dual sim?

I'm looking forward to hearing more details, thanks, Joanie

PS: I dream of a high end Lumia, dual sim and with the camera button. I just can't understand their decision to remove the camera button on the 730, though it's the Lumia Selfie. I use the camera button all the time on my 720, but I'd like a better faster phone that can handle 2 sim cards.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
There is no way you can make a dual sim if you have a single sim.
You would need additional hardware (sim slot) an new motherboard (which does not exist) to connect this sim and newly made firmware and software.

And the article is a general link so it has nothing to do with your question. And I do not know why he send this link to you other then that he did not know what he was doing.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
has anyone tried to make it dual-sim?

also means putting a second sim in the second sim slot

And I do not know why he send this link to you other then that he did not know what he was doing.
You came here only after the OP posted in the second post that the he/she has a single sim variant.

1. OP didn't specify in the first post if he/she had the single sim variant or the dual sim variant.

2. Seeing the question one would probably think OP has the dual sim variant and want to try putting on another sim in the slot and see if it works well.

3. My apologies if i mislead you.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
also means putting a second sim in the second sim slot

1. OP didn't specify if he/she had the single sim variant or the dual sim variant.

2. Seeing the question one would probably think OP has the dual sim variant and want to try putting on another sim in the slot and see if it works well.

3. My apologies if i mislead you.

Again thanks that you want to help but there is NO dual SIM 830. And the OP wanted to know how to make a dual SIM from a single SIM.
You do not need to apologise but please check before you answering a question to prevent above situations. ;-).
It's not about quantity of answers but about quality.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The the fact that the link lives on Microsoft's official site could suggest that there's a dual-sim Lumia 830 on the horizon, but that's just speculation.

fairyjo

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
The the fact that the link lives on Microsoft's official site could suggest that there's a dual-sim Lumia 830 on the horizon, but that's just speculation.

Hello hasasimo, I was also wondering why that article about dual sim mentions the Lumia 830 - in the title - if the 830 is not dual sim... That's weird, it does look like they forgot to remove it to me.

You would need additional hardware (sim slot) an new motherboard (which does not exist) to connect this sim and newly made firmware and software.

Hi Harrie-S, yes that's what I was trying to figure out, because in the good old days it was possible to make a single sim phone work with two sim cars with an accessory to bind both sims. I did it with one of my old Nokias. I was wondering if that was still possible to do something similar.

Well therawkr92, in fact Harrie-S is right, I search everywhere but the Lumia 830 dual sim does not exist... Unfortunately. I was just making speculations. I don't even own it, I was just looking for a dual sim Lumia and thinking I could have a high end one including dual sim.
I'm still hoping to find a dual sim Lumia phone that's better, higher end, than the 730. Maybe that won't happen, maybe it's just a dream... Why would I have to buy a low budget Lumia if I need dual sim? Anyway, it seems I might have to as right now there's no other solution.

Thanks for your feedback everyone :) and happy Sunday, Joanie

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
because in the good old days it was possible to make a single sim phone work with two sim cars with an accessory to bind both sims. I did it with one of my old Nokias. I was wondering if that was still possible to do something similar.

Well you are in luck ... i did some research and its still available and working
however both sims cant be active at the same time you will have to switch using the sim app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX1QhsHTtac

Edit 1: its available for almost all lumia models... check this http://www.magic-sim.com/search.php?search=lumia
Infact i knew about this before. her question got me confused.
she unraveled the details in the coming posts. if she would have told that in the first question itself ..... ahh whatevers done is done :p :p

That thing will be sticking out if your sim slot is outside.
If its inside then you can fit it on top of your battery.

@fairyjo Thanks so much for getting me "slaughtered". :p :p (kidding :D )
You could have mentioned about it more elaborately in the first post. :)

Edit 2: get a dual sim version (it will come out in future)
If that future model is not available in your country then get it from your friends outside. :)

Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
You do not need to apologise but please check before you answering a question to prevent above situations. ;-).
It's not about quantity of answers but about quality.

FYI the question needs to be relevant also .
As you can see in the whole thread, in the first post, question was incomplete, and fragmented into multiple posts (which caused the confusion).

While you dismissed the 'hypothesis' proposed by the OP as such

I went a little bit further gaining knowledge from the fragmented posts and searched and found out something that is relevant.

How can someone even dismiss something when there is not enough clarity in the question itself ?

I am not here to get famous or my name shown up somewhere. ( I am not here to rack up achievements)
I am just here to help. I don't care if i get a hit on the thanks button or not. (I really don't care)

I do agree its not quantity but its quality that matters.
I agree but the question needs to have some quality also.

Peace out brother !

I love Windows Central, all its mods, admins, members.
I love to help. <3

fairyjo

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Well you are in luck ... i did some research and its still available and working
however both sims cant be active at the same time you will have to switch using the sim app.

Edit 1: its available for almost all lumia models... check this "Search Results for 'lumia' ? MagicSim"
Infact i knew about this before. her question got me confused.
she unraveled the details in the coming posts. if she would have told that in the first question itself ..... ahh whatevers done is done :p :p

Thank you so much therawkr92, that's exactly what I was looking for. And since we just learned that there is no new flagship Lumia phone out soon (not until Windows 10 is released), I think I might just get the dual sim SIMore accessory for my beloved Lumia 720 (cause I still love the camera button that's unfortunately missing in the Lumia 730).

And I'm very sorry that I wasn't specific enough in my first post and that Harrie-S gave you a bad time, but hopefully it's all right now and I will get more specific next time I start a thread, it was my first here... I had mostly only been reading for the past 2 years :cool:

Cheers :) Joanie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos