Lumia Camera 5 low light - artifacts appear

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday the Lumia camera 5 scared the crap of of me. Check the two photos below. One by LC5, other ProShot. Both 4sec, ISO100.

WP_20150228_00_24_35_Pro.jpg

2015_02_28_00_22_33_ProShot.jpg

I mean, look at all those stars! Wait.. :eek:rly:

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
not really, left the phone leaning against the window :)

anyway, You need to look at 100% size at the picture to see the artefacts created by the Lumia camera. They look like stars, but are what I suspect products of the aggressive sharpening algorithms. E.g. in upper left corner. Anyone seen this at their phones?

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Those looks to be stars to me as in both the pics..if you see moon location or the cloud location is changed..so stars came out..i feel

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
the "stars" also appear in the building, so yeah :)

not to mention I got the same "stars" when I covered the lenses completely. Mental, right?

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

not to mention I got the same "stars" when I covered the lenses completely. Mental, right?

Hmm..I am sorry..I have seen them really expanding to full zoom. Yes first pics has some problem and they are not stars..they are dots all around. I experienced this similar kind with lumia camera classic on one of the photo..but i thought it was one of the filter while post process caused it

L830

May 3, 2015
Visit site

Lumia camera 5 doesn't apply any dark frame subtraction (or similar process) to avoid hot pixels on long exposure shots at low iso.
Lumia camera classic does the job and its results are "starry effect" free on my tests.
DNG are a workaround because raw development softwares/piratewares usually polish those artifacts.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia camera 5 doesn't apply any dark frame subtraction (or similar process) to avoid hot pixels on long exposure shots at low iso.
Lumia camera classic does the job and its results are "starry effect" free on my tests.
DNG are a workaround because raw development softwares/piratewares usually polish those artifacts.

whoa, that makes perfect sense, didn't occur to me.

also, You reminded me I have to have fun with night time RAWs.

lee shiaw xian

May 10, 2016
Visit site
not really, left the phone leaning against the window :)

anyway, You need to look at 100% size at the picture to see the artefacts created by the Lumia camera. They look like stars, but are what I suspect products of the aggressive sharpening algorithms. E.g. in upper left corner. Anyone seen this at their phones?

My Lumia 830 also have the same problem when i take a 4 second shot , stars around
Does Proshot fixed the problem ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte