Just picked up an 830

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I finally made good on my threat to pick up an 830. I stopped by the Microsoft Store and bought one last night. I'm going with the GoPhone plan for $45.00 a month. I still have about a week left on my Verizon contract so I won't switch everything over from my 822 until then. So far I'm loving the 830. It's fast and smooth. It's a bit bigger than I would have preferred, but feels good in the hand. Haven't had much time to play with the camera yet or check out call quality.

After my Verizon contract is up I'll port over my number than do a hard reset and set it up with my main Outlook account. Thanks to everyone in this forum for all the posts and info. I spent quite some time in here reading about all your experiences.

Still have to find a case and screen protector. More reading I guess! :evil:

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, right off the bat I like the display better, and it seems quicker. I really liked (and still do like) my 822. It's been a great phone and I've been very happy with it.

The 830 hit all the sweet spots for me, Qi charging, expandable storage, removable battery and a decent camera (Much like the 822). The 830 has a much more solid feel.

I feel like the 830 is the logical extension of the 822. It has all the same basic qualities but improves on them.

A bigger test was moving to AT&T. I tried out the network for a month with a 520 that I have and found that it was comparable to Verizon in my area. I'm done with contracts and buying the phone outright just made more sense to me.

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I got my 830 in November when they came out in AT&T. Benn very happy with it. Got two DT-900 chargers for home and work. Very happy with them and hardly ever plug in now.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I got my 830 in November when they came out in AT&T. Benn very happy with it. Got two DT-900 chargers for home and work. Very happy with them and hardly ever plug in now.
Yeah I know what you mean. Right after I picked up my 822 I bought the Qi back for it and a DT-900. After using it once I was convinced that was the way to go. I only plug in now to move music or large files around.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors are really a hit and miss on the 830. Cases are plenty, there are dedicated threads for different case and screen protector reviews, pros and cons, etc...read around. And just a heads up...Microsoft hasn't released the post Denim update to enable the new Lumia Camera for the RM-985 variant

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard the 830 train! There are some Windows Phones that edge-out the 830 in one aspect or another, but they also lack in several areas. As a total package... the Lumia 830 is the best Windows Phone around at the moment IMO.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Screen protectors are really a hit and miss on the 830. Cases are plenty, there are dedicated threads for different case and screen protector reviews, pros and cons, etc...read around. And just a heads up...Microsoft hasn't released the post Denim update to enable the new Lumia Camera for the RM-985 variant
Yeah I did a lot of reading in this forum before pulling the trigger. So I'm waiting on the update too. I was aware of that when I purchased it but it wasn't a deal breaker. I can't wait to try out the new Lumia Camera though. I haven't invested in either a protector or a case yet but that will be job 1 once I port my number over.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard the 830 train! There are some Windows Phones that edge-out the 830 in one aspect or another, but they also lack in several areas. As a total package... the Lumia 830 is the best Windows Phone around at the moment IMO.
That's exactly how I felt. Like I said above, it hit all the same sweet spots my 822 did while improving on them. I wish the phone was a wee bit smaller, but having said that I love the display so I guess I can't have it both ways, can I? :evil:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I got the AT&T version seeing as I was planning on using them anyway. I'm on a GoPhone plan. Unlimited minutes and texts and 1.5 GB of data for $45.00. I'm not a huge data consumer so this is fine for me.

Fabricio A

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for the update too.. actualy.. since I've purchased my 830. Sometimes I feel like I've been bamboozled without my dynamic HDR from the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss