Which microSD card should I purchase?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd say any non-sketchy brand is good. From the cards Micro Center carries to PNY, SanDisk, I hear good things about Samsung cards.

With that big a card, I recommend at least a Class 6, although I'd get a 10 if it were me because with a card that big, speed'll be nice.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't bother with cheap SD cards, you'll be sorry you wasted your money. I bought a PNY for my GoPro, a 32gb, and it wouldn't work because it wasn't a class 10. A class 10 card was only $5 more. Sandisc, Samsung, Foxx all are good quality class 10 cards. For use in a phone where you will be storing lots of data and want to recall it quickly why even mess with a cheap card, you WILL notice a difference.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Don't bother with cheap SD cards, you'll be sorry you wasted your money. I bought a PNY for my GoPro, a 32gb, and it wouldn't work because it wasn't a class 10. A class 10 card was only $5 more. Sandisc, Samsung, Foxx all are good quality class 10 cards. For use in a phone where you will be storing lots of data and want to recall it quickly why even mess with a cheap card, you WILL notice a difference.
I agree completely. I've used two different 32 GB Class 10 SanDisk cards in two different phones and had good luck with them. The last one I bought locally for $24.00. Worth every penny.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Samsung Pro Class 10 in a couple of devices and had no issues whatsover. Very reliable and reasonably priced.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I had problems installing apps to my cheap SD card when I had an Ativ S. I paid ?24 for a class 10 Sammy 64gb and it has worked flawlessly. The way that WP uses SD cards puts Android to shame and means that even the cheapest phone can be a storage champion.

One thing though. Why did they make it so bloody hard to get the card out of the L830?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Both should be fine. I have a Samsung UHS-1 Class 10 and it performs similar to my Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10, though the R/W speeds on the Samsung were wayyy better on the PC. On the phone both perform similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05