When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Phone was announced September 4th 2014 touting all the amazing new Lumia Camera 5 features.

Phone is released on AT&T end of November 2014, touting all the amazing new Lumia Camera 5 features.

6 months later (from announcement)

March 8th, 2015 - phone still does not have Lumia Camera 5 features - yet is still advertised as such.

If there ever was a question if the ball was dropped, I think we can easily answer.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
*sigh*
I feel ya.

We were lied to, simple as that. Why AT&T is taking so long to release it, I have no idea.

I'm hoping that, with the 1520 recently being updated, the update is coming within the next couple of weeks. If not, then I'm hoping there is a reason - like they are bundling Update 2 along with it... but I doubt it.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
830 owners were definitely duped. If it makes you feel any better, no Lumia 830s on the North and South American continents have received the update yet. Definitely not AT&T's fault this time.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Already two threads here. Please make sure you contact MS. I did and got responses back that look genuine. They need to hear more from us (links below). I received replies to my email here and twitter. I realize that my posts may have little to no impact. But the more people complain the better the chances they will listen.

So please, take a few minutes and send an email, tweet them and click "Me Too" in the support forum. Thanks!

l830 twitter complaint.PNG

this is what I posted on the other thread:
---------------
all I can say is let's bombard them with "me too"s and complaints. I can't believe there aren't more complaints other than what I see on WC?

Lumia Camera 5 for Lumia 830 - Microsoft Community

Lumia Camera app not found in Lumia 830 - Microsoft Community

https://twitter.com/lumiaHelp

Email us - Microsoft - USA

edit1: I see a number of folks complaining and reporting in the same threads I posted above recently. Thanks
thegreatdeceiver

Last edited:

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Phone was announced September 4th 2014 touting all the amazing new Lumia Camera 5 features.

Phone is released on AT&T end of November 2014, touting all the amazing new Lumia Camera 5 features.

6 months later (from announcement)

March 8th, 2015 - phone still does not have Lumia Camera 5 features - yet is still advertised as such.

If there ever was a question if the ball was dropped, I think we can easily answer.

I'd like to see what movement a class action complaint against MS and ATT would do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
830 owners were definitely duped. If it makes you feel any better, no Lumia 830s on the North and South American continents have received the update yet. Definitely not AT&T's fault this time.

I can't speak for Canada or South America, but the 830 is exclusive to AT&T in America and the 830 has received the update in Europe, Asia and maybe even Africa.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for Canada or South America, but the 830 is exclusive to AT&T in America and the 830 has received the update in Europe, Asia and maybe even Africa.

Just an FYI, the 830 is not exclusive to AT&T. There is a carrier-free unlocked variant sold from MS directly. Those should have been updated by now

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
And this is in the US?

It's news to me, and it was reported as exclusive on WC?

Yes, here in the US. I am not sure whether its sold in the physical Microsoft stores but its definitely on their online website. I guess MS started selling them shortly after AT&T started selling them so the article could have been posted before MS started selling the unlocked variants

Edit: Here's the link to the one sold online

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Pankaj is right, TangledW :smile:. The unlocked U.S. version is sold both on the Microsoft Store website and in their physical stores. It's one of the handful of variants belonging to the Americas, and like the others... it hasn't received the update yet.

Something tells me this is the week though. Fingers crossed.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see what movement a class action complaint against MS and ATT would do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've said it before, but the 830 had/has class action written all over it. The misrepresentation of the product was pretty clear.

If someone had the will, and resources, the case would be pretty "open and shut" in my opinion.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Looks like @LumiaHelp is trying to say we got exactly what we were told, here's the response to my Tweet to them:

@LumiaHelp
@gmfeld1 The Lumia 830 is running in Lumia Denim update. See this: Nokia Lumia 830 - Specifications - Microsoft - USA. ^RB

https://twitter.com/LumiaHelp/status/574917729443954688

After responding to the above Tweet that they sold us a Denim phone, not a partial Denim phone, now they've asked for my OS and firmware numbers, which I've given and just got a Tweet back that they are looking into it and will get back to me.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The latest response from Lumia Help:
@mickydale_ Thanks for the loop in. @gmfeld1 We are working with AT&T on a software update to bring the benefits of the Lumia Camera v5. ^JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6