When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
not sure about "top technical support person" but updates have been held back to be bundled before. I do not think anyone has been told that yet, especially the "optimize" part as that just sounds like a lame excuse to not bother with it until windows 10. that way, since MS is handling updates AFTER windows 10 is installed, it takes most of the work out of AT&T's hands.

avalanch29

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Ashram you are more than likely correct. I am not sticking up for AT$T in any way, just relaying some info I got. I had a billing question at first and the lady was very nice and helpful and I told her about the 830 issue and she did get me someone from advanced tech support, I even asked the guy, and he confirmed it, I refuse to speak with basic tech support. This guy really did sound like he was in the loop, he didn't even blame it on Microsoft, he admitted that its an AT$T issue. So I guess we will see..:)

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else nervous about buying expensive new phones from AT&T due to this situation? I always had a warm fuzzy feeling from then in the past re updates, but this whole issue has really soured me on them. I suppose the only other alternative is to buy completely unlocked... I really think they've handled this situation in the worst way possible. If you agree to release it, you should agree to support it.
Agreed, and going forward, I won't go through a carrier again. I use ATT for my carrier, I get great coverage, but they aren't looking out for their customer base. So buying directly from MS will be my choice.

pfranceschi

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Guys, go check the Windows Phone Recover Tool. I think there is an update for the ATT Lumia 830. I had to roll mine back from Windows 10 after getting the ugly messaging capability gone bug. The tool told me there was both new OS and new firmware. After installing it, turns out I got Lumia Camera 5 preinstalled and it opened upon in like 1 second, along with other Windows Phone 8.1 update 2 features. Maybe I'm crazy, but go check it out yourselves!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150917_0003.png
    wp_ss_20150917_0003.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 6
  • wp_ss_20150917_0002 2.png
    wp_ss_20150917_0002 2.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, I won't get back the Lumia Storage Check Beta for storing maps on the SD card. I also think there are a few other things that I have that will go away that I won't be able to get back, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm downloading it now, but I'll not install it right away. Hopefully it'll be released as an OTA update. I'll hang on to the download in case they don't release it as an OTA update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077