Has Microsoft ceased the production of Lumia 830?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! It's just a casual question. I want to know if MSFT has stopped the manufacture of one of the best Lumias - the 830? Because, searching for it online in my country has become terribly hard. You'll get plenty of the Black ones but other colours have just disappeared!

I had bought an Orange Lumia 830 but received a faulty piece and hence I was refunded the amount. Now, I'm looking for it again..... but I couldn't find it anywhere!! Not even in the retail stores! :unhappy:

Perhaps the last option for me is to get a White one (which has also become very rare) and buy another Orange colour back panel, the original one from Nokia. It costs around ₹1,500 (~US$ 24)... Too much, isn't it??

I think that indeed Microsoft has abandoned Lumia 830 in favour of the new Lumias with Microsoft branding.... What do you think?

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I really don't think that's the case. All the versions are still on sale in my country and as of now there's no indications that it should change anytime soon. If anything I've got trouble finding spare back panels. There are nowhere to be found. Not in Nokia store, not in Microsoft store, not in any other store...

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! It's just a casual question. I want to know if MSFT has stopped the manufacture of one of the best Lumias - the 830? Because, searching for it online in my country has become terribly hard. You'll get plenty of the Black ones but other colours have just disappeared!

I had bought an Orange Lumia 830 but received a faulty piece and hence I was refunded the amount. Now, I'm looking for it again..... but I couldn't find it anywhere!! Not even in the retail stores! :unhappy:

Perhaps the last option for me is to get a White one (which has also become very rare) and buy another Orange colour back panel, the original one from Nokia. It costs around ₹1,500 (~US$ 24)... Too much, isn't it??

I think that indeed Microsoft has abandoned Lumia 830 in favour of the new Lumias with Microsoft branding.... What do you think?
I don't think MS has stopped production its just that demand for 830 in India is extremely low.
It was highly overpriced and I dont think any user interested in WP would pick it over a 730/925/920 at its price. Now with the 640 coming it will plummet even further which is probably why they don't bring new units.
Besides black is a safe bet on color as they serve to most tastes while orange is more of a love or hate color and for phone in low demand it won't be a good idea to stock such a color.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I do agree.... People don't know much about the Lumia 830 since Microsoft didn't promote it on TV - could also be one of the many reasons for its poor demand.

No one would be as unlucky as me! Even the back covers which were once available on eBay and Snapdeal, aren't available now, alas! :crying:
What should I do! Or should I request any retail shop to get one for me?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Well maybe offering the same phone in 3-4 640/735/735/830 configurations isn't the best plan

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I do agree.... People don't know much about the Lumia 830 since Microsoft didn't promote it on TV - could also be one of the many reasons for its poor demand.

No one would be as unlucky as me! Even the back covers which were once available on eBay and Snapdeal, aren't available now, alas! :crying:
What should I do! Or should I request any retail shop to get one for me?
Tbh I personally feel u should get a 640 or XL when it comes out and save heck of a lot of money :D
But if ur bent on getting another 830 then getting an original back cover is a safe bet since eventually the orange one would become rather dirty and u will rejoice the fact that there is the black one which may not be available at all one year from now.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Tbh I personally feel u should get a 640 or XL when it comes out and save heck of a lot of money :D
But if ur bent on getting another 830 then getting an original back cover is a safe bet since eventually the orange one would become rather dirty and u will rejoice the fact that there is the black one which may not be available at all one year from now.

Why would the orange back cover get dirty? None of my yellow Lumias ever got dirty. The polycarbonate material is very dirt/scratch resistant.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

No way....... Lumia 830 is the choice and would be........ Nothing like 640/XL would change that ;)

BTW, I would really like that Black one BUT with silver frame. The whole black 830 looks like a block of coal!

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No way....... Lumia 830 is the choice and would be........ Nothing like 640/XL would change that ;)

BTW, I would really like that Black one BUT with silver frame. The whole black 830 looks like a block of coal!
Fancy the Gold edition then? It would have been great if they brought it to India :/
tmp_17597-index-1222848579.jpeg
Anyway are u in urgent need to buy a new phone?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Fancy the Gold edition then? It would have been great if they brought it to India :/
Anyway are u in urgent need to buy a new phone?
I had seen a few listings of both gold 830 and 930 on eBay. But they were short lived. Also, they are too fancy for me. I'd rather prefer the orange one!

No I am not in a hurry. I never take decisions which would ultimately lead to regret. So, I'll rather wait for online stores to re-stock it or request any retailer near me to get an orange 830 for me.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had seen a few listings of both gold 830 and 930 on eBay. But they were short lived. Also, they are too fancy for me. I'd rather prefer the orange one!

No I am not in a hurry. I never take decisions which would ultimately lead to regret. So, I'll rather wait for online stores to re-stock it or request any retailer near me to get an orange 830 for me.
That's the best thing to do. Meanwhile u may alsonbe interested with what MS comes up with at the BUILD conference or during the unveiling of W10FP.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's the best thing to do. Meanwhile u may alsonbe interested with what MS comes up with at the BUILD conference or during the unveiling of W10FP.

Build is for software developers, MS would (might) be announcing new phones w/ W10 release which should coincide with the Sep/Oct time frame (typical for OS release). That's still half a year to go

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Build is for software developers, MS would (might) be announcing new phones w/ W10 release which should coincide with the Sep/Oct time frame (typical for OS release). That's still half a year to go
You forgot that 930 and 630 was unveiled at the BUILD 2014 ;)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes, there's still half year to go.... and that's tooooo long.... I will wait for one month more only! That's enough time for a product to get back in stock.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 830 is still available for 21k in india in bangalore :) ...which part are you from in india ??

I live in Navi Mumbai, MH. I am frantically searching all over the city and also in Mumbai. Hope I find it soon. BTW, I've found some stores in the vicinity where the phone is available. But unfortunately, it is too overpriced @ around ₹27,500 or so :unhappy:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I knew it! Microsoft has ceased the production of Lumia 830.... I had started this thread at the right time! I have still not succeeded in getting one for myself :crying: If someone knows any other website from where I could buy it (except eBay India) then please do suggest. :unhappy: Local stores near me have all gone out of stocks.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I knew it! Microsoft has ceased the production of Lumia 830.... I had started this thread at the right time! I have still not succeeded in getting one for myself :crying: If someone knows any other website from where I could buy it (except eBay India) then please do suggest. :unhappy: Local stores near me have all gone out of stocks.

I heard that they had done this as well. Maybe the 840 is right around the corner! If that has a better chipset with the same build quality, it sounds like the perfect phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers