Has Microsoft ceased the production of Lumia 830?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I heard that they had done this as well. Maybe the 840 is right around the corner! If that has a better chipset with the same build quality, it sounds like the perfect phone.

Yup. The so-called 840 may be a great phone but still it's not real, at least for now. I had bought accessories for 830 which won't be useful if I buy the to-be-announced 840. If it is announced in the first week of May then it'll roll out in the Indian market only by June and with a high price tag :eck:. Hence, I have no option other than searching for 830...! (And I still love it very much :smile:)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no evidence yet to support that the 830 has been discontinued. Lumia social media accounts are still promoting it, and the rumor making the rounds are all citing the same "anonymous Microsoft employee" that's being vague and can barely speak proper English.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Yup. The so-called 840 may be a great phone but still it's not real, at least for now. I had bought accessories for 830 which won't be useful if I buy the to-be-announced 840. If it is announced in the first week of May then it'll roll out in the Indian market only by June and with a high price tag :eck:. Hence, I have no option other than searching for 830...! (And I still love it very much :smile:)

I would be surprised if the accessories aren't backwards compatible with the 830. That would be MS shooting themselves in the foot, since the 830 hasn't been on the market very long. But if they do announce the 840 (which is looking likely, considering MS is upgrading their line from the bottom up to the x40 series, then I hope they price it properly this time around. The 830 was expensive at launch outside of the online MS store. Every retailer overpriced it.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
There is no evidence yet to support that the 830 has been discontinued. Lumia social media accounts are still promoting it, and the rumor making the rounds are all citing the same "anonymous Microsoft employee" that's being vague and can barely speak proper English.

Yes, it true that there is no proof to support the news. But it is also a fact that Lumia 830 is no longer available with both local and online retailers in India. If it is available then only in Black. The White one is rarely available, too rarely. I saw it yesterday listed on a website. And today it is gone! The orange and green ones are seriously no longer in stock. Not even with Nokia showrooms. There is only one listing of Green one on eBay India but that too is IMPORTED with just a 3-months seller warranty only for software-related issues.

I have personally tried contacting more than 30 potential as well as small retailers to no avail. Potential stores being the large mobile showrooms.

By these observations anyone can conclude that Lumia 830 has indeed vanished from the market.
I assume that you may have read a post by both NPU and WMPU (Sourced to NPU) which states that MSFT might have stopped the production of the phone in India. If there are any more available then they are the last ones to do so. Once they are gone, they won't be replenished. :cry:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I would be surprised if the accessories aren't backwards compatible with the 830. That would be MS shooting themselves in the foot, since the 830 hasn't been on the market very long. But if they do announce the 840 (which is looking likely, considering MS is upgrading their line from the bottom up to the x40 series, then I hope they price it properly this time around. The 830 was expensive at launch outside of the online MS store. Every retailer overpriced it.

No they won't. Accessories are meant for specific phones and they are unique. Microsoft just won't upgrade the phone's hardware keeping the design intact. It's not possible. There are some speculations that the new phone may be slimmer than 830. And also, there won't be any room for a large Microsoft logo on the top-right corner of the phone similar to where the Nokia logo is placed on 830.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
No they won't. Accessories are meant for specific phones and they are unique. Microsoft just won't upgrade the phone's hardware keeping the design intact. It's not possible. There are some speculations that the new phone may be slimmer than 830. And also, there won't be any room for a large Microsoft logo on the top-right corner of the phone similar to where the Nokia logo is placed on 830.

Cases are pretty much out of the question, but the QI charging pads, Bluetooth accessories, stuff like that will be compatible... If they do announce the 840, many people will sell off thei new-ish 830s, or there might be clearance sales... so you might get your hands on it at a good price anyhow

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Cases are pretty much out of the question, but the QI charging pads, Bluetooth accessories, stuff like that will be compatible... If they do announce the 840, many people will sell off thei new-ish 830s, or there might be clearance sales... so you might get your hands on it at a good price anyhow

Yup, I was talking about accessories like cases.

I hope so I get it soon. If you are an Indian, then you might be probably knowing about Naaptol.com, don't you? Should I buy from it?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I was talking about accessories like cases.

I hope so I get it soon. If you are an Indian, then you might be probably knowing about Naaptol.com, don't you? Should I buy from it?

I am from Pakistan actually. And it's available here through all online retailers, and through brick and mortar stores.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I visited sangeetha mobile store yesterday and yes,lumia 830 is available for 21k here in Bangalore

I can't come to Bangalore for buying a phone :wink: By the way, what colour did you get? Black only? Then it's also available at many stores near me and also online. If you also got other colours then you are very lucky :) Does the store offer nation-wide delivery?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Lucky. Can't believe MS is doing this in one of its largest markets. :_(

How much did it cost there when it was available? Here, the lowest I can see is $400 which is way too much, since the 1520 costs just a little bit more than that so why to prefer the 830 at all here. :/

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
How much did it cost there when it was available? Here, the lowest I can see is $400 which is way too much, since the 1520 costs just a little bit more than that so why to prefer the 830 at all here. :/

Here 830's initial retail price was about $443. But MS officially announced a $110 off on 830 and 930. So, at present 830 costs anywhere b/w $300 - $380.

And for 1520, it was priced at a little less than $740 at launch. But it costs anywhere b/w $530 and $690.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Here 830's initial retail price was about $443. But MS officially announced a $110 off on 830 and 930. So, at present 830 costs anywhere b/w $300 - $380.

And for 1520, it was priced at a little less than $740 at launch. But it costs anywhere b/w $530 and $690.

Hmm... Interesting. The 1520 is currently $440 new here. Wonky pricing, haha. If they give $110 off here it would be a good buy, but no such luck.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
MS is making a L840, so it might be true. Dont know how much is it reliable, check out the link

Microsoft readying Lumia 840 to replace now discontinued Lumia 830

also, if you follow the source, you get the language I posted in a previous post here, which is extremely vague. Yes, there will be a Lumia 840, but there is no word anywhere when.

Note that they call the new mid-ranger Lumia 840 "for convenience only" in the source article and another article given as source to the source. "May" means very little. The MS Band v2 may come out before that. It just may....

from the source:
preliminary info that we have and it may change later and Microsoft may not even bring these devices to the market.

btw. the source article never indicates where it got the original message from.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre