CP-627 Wireless Charging Flip Shell for Lumia 830 is now on sale at the Microsoft store for $17.50!

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Just bought the orange on eBay last night for 26, so picked up the green on this deal, not sure which one I'll keep but probly both 😊

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought a used one on ebay for $15 and wanted to get a green one and the cheapest offer I saw was for $26 until I saw an ad for Microsoft selling the flip covers on eBay for $17.50 and I had to spread the word...

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
The Incipio Octane Case is also on sale for $12

The problem I had with that kind was the buttons are almost impossible to use through the case. The buttons on the 830 are barely above the case surface so the best case I have found has cut-outs where the buttons are instead of trying to press the buttons through the plastic case.

Like this one...
Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 830 Case, Terrapin [Extra Slim Fit] Hybrid Rubberized [Black] Protective Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 830 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Got the orange case today and it's extremely slick. Feels awesome to the touch. The only negative is the metal frame is so exposed. Worried about the corners getting scratched after falls.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else's cp-627 having issues with the wireless charging? Mine goes on and off, gonna get it replaced today.

It was designed for the international headset. When the US version came out the qi used a dual core coil while the international uses a single coil, it's pretty weak. Using a dt-900 I see no problems, but with a dt-910 charging stand and a cr-200 car phone holder/charger I see issues, you have to play around with the phone till you see the led charge light. I haven't tried the dt-903 charging plate. It seems the phone charges better when the flap I folded back, rather than the flap closed. Another thing is check all those clips on the back plating, any open clips could result in a unsuccessful charge.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
thanks. i was at a microsoft store today and i replaced my case with a new one thinking it was faulty, same issues. i really have to position it well with the dt-900. i have other 3rd party qi chargers and they're hit and miss with this case.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Not satisfied with the weak charging of this flip case I am going to try swapping the charging unit of the flip case with the charging unit of the additional back plate included in my ATT 830. Will report back when completed.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Not satisfied with the weak charging of this flip case

People - one needs to logically identify the dubious components rather than blaming what one thinks is the issue. Chum, you changed flip covers and the problem persisted. Gotta tell you something. It is not fair to manufacturers by stating something is faulty when there has been no objective fault finding done.

I doubt it is the case, more likely the charging plate. I have two backs plus the flip case and all charge fine to 100% on the charging stand, on the charging plate, it only ever gets to 94% and I have noticed that it will turn off and in during charging on the plate.
100% constant charge until full...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3053052

Sporadic charging to 94% max...
Amazon.com: Kootek Nexus 4 Wireless Charger - QI Wireless Phone Charger Pad for LG Google Nexus 5 / Nexus 4, LG Optimus Vu II, Nokia Lumia 920 / 820: Cell Phones & Accessories

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
People - one needs to logically identify the dubious components rather than blaming what one thinks is the issue. Chum, you changed flip covers and the problem persisted. Gotta tell you something. It is not fair to manufacturers by stating something is faulty when there has been no objective fault finding done.

I doubt it is the case, more likely the charging plate. I have two backs plus the flip case and all charge fine to 100% on the charging stand, on the charging plate, it only ever gets to 94% and I have noticed that it will turn off and in during charging on the plate.
100% constant charge until full...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3064856

Sporadic charging to 94% max...
Amazon.com: Kootek Nexus 4 Wireless Charger - QI Wireless Phone Charger Pad for LG Google Nexus 5 / Nexus 4, LG Optimus Vu II, Nokia Lumia 920 / 820: Cell Phones & Accessories

Which model 830 do you have? RM-983, RM-984, or RM-985? The RM-983 (AT&T version) has a different wireless charging configuration than do the other international models. It's entirely reasonable that the flip charger includes the coil designed for the international variants, and as such, does not work well with the AT&T version.

LordXaero

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Could you possibly post pictures?

Um, why? The pic on the Amazon site is the cover. It fits over the flip cover fine as I said. I have abandoned the 830 though, too big and bulky for my needs so it sits and waits until I get motivated to sell it. Went back to my 520, but battery needs replacement so bought a Blu Jr., for little more than the cost of the battery. Gotta say it is looking good. main camera is pretty good and has a flash. Also it just did two u[dates, no waiting on AT&T and msoft. I think I am liking it already.

Going to miss the 830 Qi charging, but I like the smaller cameras.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon