Is Windows 10 for the L830 an impossible dream?

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I just realized that phone software updates, in the US at least, face a bottleneck at the service provider level. That is the reason we don't have the latest Lumia Denim on the L830 yet - AT&T can't be bothered to release it. If that's the case, are we just dreaming to think that we will ever get Windows 10? It seems to me that the summer release date may be irrelevant to me, as AT&T may never approve it.

On the other hand, maybe their secret agenda is never to approve Lumia Denim and progress directly to Win 10?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that phone software updates, in the US at least, face a bottleneck at the service provider level. That is the reason we don't have the latest Lumia Denim on the L830 yet - AT&T can't be bothered to release it. If that's the case, are we just dreaming to think that we will ever get Windows 10? It seems to me that the summer release date may be irrelevant to me, as AT&T may never approve it.

On the other hand, maybe their secret agenda is never to approve Lumia Denim and progress directly to Win 10?

Microsoft is the biggest bottleneck as far as Denim is concerned. Most unlocked, carrier-free RM-985 (North and Latin America) variants don't have Denim yet. That includes the unlocked, carrier-free Lumia 830 that Microsoft directly sells itself.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They've always been an issue, not just starting with 10, so don't worry too much.

Worst case you can use the Preview for Developers.

I wouldn't worry considering it's new and AT&T hasn't really ditched current models as far as WP is concerned.

VZW is something else, but it did a leapfrog.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that AT&T must have uncovered a bug in the north American versions of the firmware. This is very reminiscent of the whole Lumia black I think it was where it had 920 users ready to light torches and grab pitch forks over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers