Latest denim update killed the back button

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
On Fido in Canada, ever since I did the denim update, the back & search buttons are unreliable. Phone has been restarted. Often times I just lock the phone, immediately unlock and the back button works. Without locking, most of the time he home button is also frozen.. Is there anything else I can do? downgrading to older firmware isn't ideal.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you happen to install a screen protector between firmware update? I know those two buttons are a widespread issue with 830 users once a protector is applied.

If not, are you able to backup everything and try a hard reset? Still a bit jarring, but not a firmware downgrade, at least.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I had a screen protector prior to the update and there were never any issues. I'd like to avoid wiping the phone, if its possible.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked the Touch in Settings and try for the "Gloves" or max sensitivity. Too lazy to check actual wording, but you can get the idea. :)

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I know you don't want to, but sounds like a hard reset is needed. I'm on Fido as well, but without issues after the update. You wouldn't be the first to suffer issues after new firmware.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
On Fido in Canada, ever since I did the denim update, the back & search buttons are unreliable. Phone has been restarted. Often times I just lock the phone, immediately unlock and the back button works. Without locking, most of the time he home button is also frozen.. Is there anything else I can do? downgrading to older firmware isn't ideal.

I'm on Telus and prior to the Denim update my back button was actually getting better over time (strange but true), yes, I do have a screen protector from iShieldz installed and since day one, now after applying the Denim update my back button has gotten considerably worse no matter if I change touch sensitivity from "normal" to "high" mode or vice versa the results are the same, did perform a soft reset after the update with no apparent improvements. Sometimes it will work OK and other times it'll becomes almost completely unresponsive, all in all I'm not too impressed and will have to wait to see what transpires over time during usage... Could do a hard rest but going to wait a bit before resorting to that.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
About 99% of the dodginess went away when I edited touch sensitivity, took 'vibration' off and let it restart. There's still intermittent stickiness, but a vastly huge improvement.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
About 99% of the dodginess went away when I edited touch sensitivity, took 'vibration' off and let it restart. There's still intermittent stickiness, but a vastly huge improvement.

Thanks for the tip, the results for me were about a 60-70% improvement but an improvement none the less, still worse than just prior to the Denim update though... As I had mentioned before, mine had gotten better over time and cannot figure out why.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos