Network issues?

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My little sister's 830 is playing up. Texts and calls aren't working at all- just get three beeps when trying to call then it ends, and texts don't go through (in either direction). I'm at my parents house and 3G/4G is non-existent (hell, 2G is pretty shaky) so can't really test data right now, although it works fine over WiFi. The SIM works in her old iPhone.

Going into the network+ thing, hitting the 'Set' button gives a 'Network Error'. The time and date is setting OK, not sure if it's doing that over the wifi or cell network. It says it's up to date, running 8.10.14219.341 with Denim. Any ideas? Done a soft reset (holding volume down and power) but I don't think she'd take kindly to me resetting the whole phone back to factory settings! Annoyingly it's locked to EE, and the rest of us are on O2 and Vodafone.

Edit: It's not connecting to my laptop either... No idea what's going on.

Last edited:

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My little sister's 830 is playing up. Texts and calls aren't working at all- just get three beeps when trying to call then it ends, and texts don't go through (in either direction). I'm at my parents house and 3G/4G is non-existent (hell, 2G is pretty shaky) so can't really test data right now, although it works fine over WiFi. The SIM works in her old iPhone.

Going into the network+ thing, hitting the 'Set' button gives a 'Network Error'. The time and date is setting OK, not sure if it's doing that over the wifi or cell network. It says it's up to date, running 8.10.14219.341 with Denim. Any ideas? Done a soft reset (holding volume down and power) but I don't think she'd take kindly to me resetting the whole phone back to factory settings! Annoyingly it's locked to EE, and the rest of us are on O2 and Vodafone.

Edit: It's not connecting to my laptop either... No idea what's going on.

if its not connecting to your laptop,connect it to other devices such as another pc or laptop.remove the sim,restart the phone,then reinsert the sim and then start the phone.Try another EE sim if needed.If nothing solves the sim issue,its a network issue.For the connection issue,a hard reset is the last resort.If all else fails,hard reset might work

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Tried 3 different computers- 2 PCs and a Mac- all worked fine with my 930 and didn't with her 830. In the USB part of the Settings menu it just said that it was charging slowly. Tried restarting the phone, with different SIM card (not got an EE one around, but it recognised my O2 one and didn't like it as it's locked). Did a full reset from the About section of the Settings menu, but can't do a proper one using the Recovery Tool as it won't connect to my laptop! Damn annoying. It's under warranty, but I was hoping I could sort it out nice and quick. It's all very odd- it's just those two things that aren't working, but they're kind of crucial! As I said, the SIM works fine in her old iPhone, so it's not the SIM or the network being down.

rigorimpossible

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 830 (unlocked) experiences the same thing as yours... All SIM cards (working on other phones) just wont work on my L830. I already did everything, soft reset, hard reset, lumia recovery tool, OS update, etc. No luck... This happened after bringing it to the service center (to fix its broken camera). I will have to bring it to the service center again... Frustrated... Tsk...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720