Is Microsofts phone insurance the same as Apples? ...Nokia 830

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So i have been a huge WP supporter for a few years now but still have not made the switch other than having the Nokia 1520 for a couple months.. I am still waiting for WP/MS to come out with a phone that meets my expecations. Anyway, i ended up getting the Nokia 830 for my kids and they love it. I did purchase the insurance for the phones which I believe was either $75 or $99 for 2 years protection.

Is the insurance really the same as Apples? With my iphones i could pretty much bring them in no questions asked, pay the fee and use up one of my two accidental damages and then receive a new phone. Is MS insurance the same? anything i should know about?

I ask now because a couple months later one of the phones was dropped a couple times hard, has a couple dings in it but nothing noteworthy, i expect the screens to be shattered within a few months though lol. Can i just walk into the store, and since i have insurance pay a small fee and they give us a new phone?

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So i have been a huge WP supporter for a few years now but still have not made the switch other than having the Nokia 1520 for a couple months.. I am still waiting for WP/MS to come out with a phone that meets my expecations. Anyway, i ended up getting the Nokia 830 for my kids and they love it. I did purchase the insurance for the phones which I believe was either $75 or $99 for 2 years protection.

Is the insurance really the same as Apples? With my iphones i could pretty much bring them in no questions asked, pay the fee and use up one of my two accidental damages and then receive a new phone. Is MS insurance the same? anything i should know about?

I ask now because a couple months later one of the phones was dropped a couple times hard, has a couple dings in it but nothing noteworthy, i expect the screens to be shattered within a few months though lol. Can i just walk into the store, and since i have insurance pay a small fee and they give us a new phone?

Thanks

This is interesting information. What does it say in the "2 years protection" that you purchased? There must have been a brochure or some agreement in printed form as to what you paid for covers. That may vary across stores so the surest way to know what the "2 years" of protection covers is to go back to where you bought that protection from.

In my country, one of the mobile service providers sell what they call "Gadget Care", where they would replace the device in case of accidental damage, robbery, sudden physical disability and even bill shock. But unlike Apple, this mobile service provider requires filling up a form which will be submitted to them once you want to claim a replacement device. The procedure may be different, but the end effect is the same - free product replacement. It is not, however, specific to Windows Phones since they also provide other brands of phones.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the MS insurance is basically the same. I forget what the deductible was, but I think it was low enough that made me think it's more protective then ever buying a case for my phone(I *think* the deductible was $50). that said, the plan itself is called "Microsoft complete for windows phone, 2 year plan", however, I can't find it through their website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium