NL 830 or Sony Xperia Z2??

wrigduo

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, For a few days I am buying a new phone. I did a lot of research, and Stuck between L820 and Xperia Z2...
Z2 has a better battery and camera, its a little big and all in glass (which is nice but a dangerous if You drop it) + a lot of android aps.. L820- beautiful, nice camera, a smaller battery duration, lack of aps(for someone), and what is the most annoyng for me, its that with every Update, there is some problem...! Problem with back key, problem with sound, screnn etc... I really like l820, but I am not sure should I buy it.. I like WP, dont get me wrong, and I am huge fan of WinCentral( for years), but this is my first post :D

So pls, help me to chose. Bye! :D

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Since no one else has replied yet...

I have the Z1 and although a beautifully designed device it's camera has been a disappointment.
I bought FV-5 and the ZOOM FX camera apps in hopes they could save the camera.
Android takes some patience in my opinion.
If your app-centric then the Z2 would be the better choice.

I don't own the 830...knowing what I know now I would go with the Lumia just for the simplicity of the camera alone.
At least Microsoft phones have some large changes on the horizon.
The coming months certainly won't be a boring experience good or bad :)

Best of luck there!

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps unfairly, it seems like Sony is a company that's struggled to get their phones noticed even more than Microsoft--it's certainly cost them a LOT of money to yield even less success than Microsoft has had. I think it was Sony that, back in 2012, said "We're not going to design an WP handsets, because no one cares about WP." Sadly, that's even more applicable to all of Sony's smartphone designs.

Business trends aside, the Z2 seems to be a decent runner for the 830--a MicroSD slot (how are there still Androind phones that DON'T have them?) in particular. If you're got any interesting in Qi charging, the 830 takes the lead. The Z2's quick charging feature sounds great, but weirdly, no one ever seems to laud it much, maybe because you could just get a phone with a really long-lasting battery like a 830 has.

As usual, I think ecosystem preference is the big decider. Android is unrivaled when it comes to apps (particularly free apps)--quality leans towards the bad, but that's true about app marketplaces in general. You're just not going to get that with a WP. Of course, I know Android users who think the WP interface is a good step ahead of what they deal with in Android, even if they wouldn't switch themselves, and have yet to run into a WP user who envies Android for their GUI.

You're basically going to end up committed to an ecosystem. The 830 is a great phone, and you won't regret it if you go with that with your eyes open, but keep that in mind. Sony's got a LOT of hot products right now, their phones just aren't among them.

wrigduo

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
(Y) , that is true...
Here is a lot of variables, and there will be always pros and cons for both phones, like price, Z2 is 370?, 830 is 270?, etc...

I didnt mention, this is going to be my first smartphone :D and I am 26 :D :D... The whole life I was using Nokia, right now Nokia 501. I didnt used smartphone because of the nature of my job (something like the civil engineer, dont know how to explain on enlish), but I have a android tablet, windows laptop etc...

Anyway,I think, I am going with L830...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)