Traded my Lumia 1020 for an 830 and now Iheart Radio will not download for me :(

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Just a little background. My Lumia 1020 has been running slow and locking up on me lately. I love the camera but it is so slow to take pictures but anyway. Recently it has gotten bad screen burned-in where it was very noticeable with various screens. I took it to the MS store since that is where I brought it. They gave me $450 credit towards a new phone and the only one I can get without having to shell more money is the 830. I like the phone and I finally got wireless charging back.

tl;dr Lumia 1020 had burned in screen, needed a new phone, MS gave me enough credit for a 830

My real issue is I cannot download iHeart radio because of the screen resolution. I travel a lot now and i have quite a few radio station i listen to on iHeart, this really sucks and I doubt that iHeart is going to update their apps. Does anyone know of an alternative way to use iHeart on the 830 and are there other apps that have a resolution issue?

Thanks

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
How were you able to get a $450 credit from them? Did you have some type of protection plan or something? Did you just recently buy it?

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
my first phone was a 920 when it first came out, then it bricked when I was trying to do a factory restore. I got another 920 and when update 8.1 came out, the volume on the 920 stop working. I took it to MS and they gave me a 1020 only if I bought the replacement plan for $50. I said fine because that is when the 1020 just recently came out. So when I took it yesterday to MS, it took them an hour to go through all my receipts and trades I had done in the past and because I technically bought the replacement plan for the 920 to get a 1020, they can only give me $430 in-store credit for a new phone. They could not give me credit for the 1020 only 920. I didn't care since I was tired of the 1020 being slow, can't get Denim update, and didn't have wireless charging. I did wish the m8 was lower price and would have gotten that but didn't want to spend more money.

Now I think this phone should suffice till a new MS flagship phones comes out or I can use my ATT upgrade and go Android. The lack of apps is hurting MS.

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
iHeart downloaded and works fine for my 830

When I search for it, it does not show in the Store. I do a search and tells me the item is not available in the store. When I click on the wp8 link from the web, it says "This app only works on devices wit the following screen resolution WVGA (480x800).

I did restore my backup from my Lumia 1020 to get all my settings, do you think this is the issue on why I cannot get iHeart radio on my 830? help!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99