830 swapped for 925

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Subject says it all. I liked the camera, liked the screen and especially liked the Qi charging.

Hated the camera.
Still didn't have the Denim (US-unlocked) update camera app and the shutter lag is abysmal. Gone back to using my Fuji digital camera. It means once again I have two things to carry but the Fuji is just so much better. Before you all leap in, I know the 830 is a phone with a good camera and it is a good camera, certainly a close equal to my Fuji, but I can take 20 pics in the time it takes the 830 to get around to one.

Not that I often take lots of pics, but most of what I do take are of dogs, people and kids and the 830 was good at capturing the aftermath.

Hated the screen.
It is good to look at but going up form my 520's 4" to the 5", I was expecting more stuff on the same screen. It seems that msoft in their infinite wisdom, decided that only old farts with poor eyesight would be using the 5" phones so they just made the same stuff bigger. Again, before you leap in I know I could change that, but, that does not carry over to most/all apps, just a few where the developer had not been so lazy (or inexperienced) and used the Set Fonts functions in programming.

Friend with a 925 was asking about the 830 and I lamented as above. We decided on a trial swap. So far he is happy and I am happy to the point where I have said, "permanent," before he changes his mind.

I need to be more careful about what I wish for in the future. :) I had agonized for weeks over the 920 v 925 v 830. Finally nudged over the edge with the msoft $249 deal on the 830. Ahhh, hindsight, what a wonderful thing. :)

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
925 is a great phone :) and the 830 should be a great, shame you did not have a good time with it, I got the Lumia 930 and 925 I would recommend you getting the 930 if you come cross one cheap, for me its better then a DLSR apart from flash

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Having used both (unlocked T-Mobile variant and currently using an unlocked US variant w/ Denim) I did choose the 830 over the 925 just because of battery life, expandable storage and less heat. The 925 is a great device and takes comparable pictures but I'm not sure how you can compare the camera shot to shot times to a 830 not running Denim. Infact the older firmware shot to shot time is better than 925s even after using Lumia Camera 4.x. But yes, 925's overall build quality is way better than the 830. Glad you're liking your new device.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
+830

I had both also, and yes the 925 feels better in hand. But I love the 830 Battery, little better camera and wireless charging.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Oooops, spoke too soon, the 830 is back, friend didn't like it for a variety of reasons too so I have handed back the 925.

My old 520 was pushed back into service as but the battery is not holding a good charge so I bought a Blue Jr., about the same thing as the 520.

Interestingly, it arrived FedEx about 30-minutes back and it is already doing two updates. I like that!

Before I OKd, the updates, I took a few quick pics and have to say, while (5MP) not as good as the 830 or 925, it is pretty impressive little camera. Not as wide screen as the Nokias, but resolution is surprisingly good.

OK, updates done, 8.10.14226.359 whatever that is, I think I am going to like this Blu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077